Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Panorama Torcal de Antequera, Spain.

Real Name
    Mark

Panorama Torcal de Antequera, Spain.

Hi.....I took this yesterday from the top of Torcal de Antequera, Malaga. Taken with a Canon 500D and 24-105mm lens, itīs 5 shots stitched with Microsoft ICE.

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

Panorama Torcal de Antequera, Spain.
    Torcal de Antequera by marcodemalaga, on Flickr

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Panorama Torcal de Antequera, Spain.

I love this shot. It is quite well done. The haze provides a feeling of depth by partially obscuring the mountains in the background.

Unfortunately, a computer monitor (even a wide screen monitor) is not the best way to view a pano. If it is reduced so that the entire left toright image can fit on the screen; the top to bottom dimensions are tiny. If I enlarge the top to bottom, I cannot fit the image on my screen.

Either way, I don't get the magnitude of this lovely image. I'd like to see this about 14 inches high (about 35.6 cm) and as long as it would take to show the entire image.

I think that this would be quite awesome if viewed that way!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Like Richard, this deserves to be seen very, very big on a wall.

That being said, we can still from the front to the far distance where we end up with very pale outlines of mountains.

A majestic image.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Lovely image Mark. Great capture of a spectacular view. The haze in the background certainly adds to the image. As Richard and Donald have said, it would look even better as a large wall poster - but it still looks pretty good on my 24" widescreen !

Dave

Real Name
    Mark

Thanks....I am thinking of haveing it printed, the image size is 3117px high and 11,768px long. So what would be a good size to print it ?

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by MGH View Post
    Thanks....I am thinking of haveing it printed, the image size is 3117px high and 11,768px long. So what would be a good size to print it ?
    Mark I dont have any experience with poster prints but you have plenty of pixels there so resolution shouldn't be a problem. It's probably a matter of how big you can afford and how big the room is. There's also the question of canvas vs paper. I have a panorama of the NY skyline in my den (not my image) and it is about 1m wide. I dont think you'd want it any smaller than this.

Dave