Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A few shots of my nephews band "Three Cheers Too Late"

Real Name
    Rob Douglas

A few shots of my nephews band "Three Cheers Too Late"

I shot my nephews band "Three Cheers Too Late" at The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ this past Saturday night. Here are a few shots taken with my new Canon 1D MKIIn & EF 28-70mm 2.8L 1/125 - ISO800 - f/2.8 with my 580EX in ETTL mode.

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Re: A few shots of my nephews band "Three Cheers Too Late"

Well done. Well exposed scenes, something that is hard to do for these settings. I like the second image and the last one over the others. The last one, the three-some, should be cropped especially at the bottom to get rid of the cup and the wires, also some of the black ceiling. The "Three Cheers..." should be happy with these.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Thanks Ludwig. You are right about the difficulty getting these shots. The hardest part was actually getting the WB right. They had so many green stage lights on them, since it was ST. Patrick's day, I had to set a custom WB as even the auto WB couldn't correct properly and over corrected on the warmth turning them almost orange. I have a bunch more on my website on the Events page too if you'd like to see more. They pretty much just wanted raw show shots so I only did a few PP corrections here an there without anything major. If they decide they want prints or posters made of anything then I'm sure I'll have no problem talking them into more cleaned up PP.

Real Name
    Terry

Re: A few shots of my nephews band "Three Cheers Too Late"

Nice shots, Rob.

They must be doing something right if they are playing the Legendary Pony!

When you speak of setting a custom WB are you meaning on-site, in-camera, or in post?

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Custom WB setting in camera. Took a few test shots of the band before them and the camera over compensated on the warmth and tint. The skin tones where almost orange.