Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Country Bridge

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Country Bridge

    Comments and Advice welcome!!!

    Country Bridge

    Country Bridge

  2. #2
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    12,223
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Country Bridge

    I like both images. The mist in the first image provides depth while the lazy S curve of the river in the second images leads my eye effectively to the bridge...

    I wonder if cropping out the tree trunk in the botom left of the second image might not place more emphasis on the bridge?

    I would really like to drop a lure just downstream of the bracnches protruding from the surface of the stream in image #2. I would bet that there is a bass or trout hanging out there!

  3. #3
    jeeperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    3,550
    Real Name
    Paul

    Re: Country Bridge

    I will agree with Richard on everything.......except.......the lure. I would have to pop a fly out there infront and behind those logs! Almost the same page Richard!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South Devon, UK
    Posts
    11,269

    Re: Country Bridge

    Like Richard said, I would consider a closer crop on the second image. Sufficient space to lose a little from the bottom and matching amount from the left side I think.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming, USA
    Posts
    909
    Real Name
    Chuck

    Re: Country Bridge

    Kathy, Very nice shots. I really like the subtle colors. The compositions are very nice. I do agree that cropping the second photo to remove the log would be worth a try.

    You should feel really good about this set.

  6. #6
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: Country Bridge

    It may be my eyes but it appears that a piece of a branch is caught in the support wires on the bottom of the bridge. If so, this location has seen some really high water!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast of Canada
    Posts
    873
    Real Name
    Myra

    Re: Country Bridge

    Those are beautiful, Kathy. The first is so pastoral and peaceful. Lovely atmosphere in both.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I like both images. The mist in the first image provides depth while the lazy S curve of the river in the second images leads my eye effectively to the bridge...

    I wonder if cropping out the tree trunk in the botom left of the second image might not place more emphasis on the bridge?

    I would really like to drop a lure just downstream of the bracnches protruding from the surface of the stream in image #2. I would bet that there is a bass or trout hanging out there!
    Thank you Richard, I appreciated your comments!!

    Kathy

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritimer1 View Post
    Those are beautiful, Kathy. The first is so pastoral and peaceful. Lovely atmosphere in both.
    Thankyou Myra, it is definately a very peaceful place to be!! Thanks for looking!!

    Kathy

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Teton Chuck View Post
    Kathy, Very nice shots. I really like the subtle colors. The compositions are very nice. I do agree that cropping the second photo to remove the log would be worth a try.

    You should feel really good about this set.
    Thanks Chuck, I do feel good about these photos but it is nice to get feedback from others and what they see. Thanks for looking!

    Kathy

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    It may be my eyes but it appears that a piece of a branch is caught in the support wires on the bottom of the bridge. If so, this location has seen some really high water!
    Frank, did not notice that "what appears to be a branch" under the bridge . . . I am now curious to see what it really is! Thanks for looking!!

    Kathy

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by jeeperman View Post
    I will agree with Richard on everything.......except.......the lure. I would have to pop a fly out there infront and behind those logs! Almost the same page Richard!
    I do know that there are some huge catfish in this river, not that I have caught any of them! I agree it would make a great afternoon of relaxing fishing!! Thanks for looking!

    Kathy

  13. #13
    Daisy Mae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Wick, Caithness, Scotland.
    Posts
    2,508
    Real Name
    Sharon

    Re: Country Bridge

    Really lovely Kathy.

    Agree about losing the log in a tighter crop on the second but the beautiful light you have captured makes me want to bask on the riverbank with a bit of hay between my teeth.

    ...and that doesn't often happen often.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Mae View Post
    Really lovely Kathy.

    Agree about losing the log in a tighter crop on the second but the beautiful light you have captured makes me want to bask on the riverbank with a bit of hay between my teeth.

    ...and that doesn't often happen often.
    Thank you Sharon, I spent alot of time there just because it was so peaceful and relaxing -- the birds were singing, the sun was shining, sometimes you have to just take the time to enjoy!! Thanks for the comments and advice!

    Kathy

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Country Bridge

    Whatever has been said I will say this - these are very nice images. A nature scene that is predominately yellow and blue is a really hard scene to process nicely.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Whatever has been said I will say this - these are very nice images. A nature scene that is predominately yellow and blue is a really hard scene to process nicely.
    Thanks Bobo, I appreciate the comments!

    Kathy

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Here is a look at the cropped photo from above I took advice from some of the comments above and cropped the log out . . . What do you think??

    After crop
    Country Bridge

    Before Crop
    Country Bridge

  18. #18
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,661
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
    Here is a look at the cropped photo from above I took advice from some of the comments above and cropped the log out . . . What do you think??
    A much stronger image. It's not just the log being taken out, it's also quite a large section of the left-hand side. We've still got enough of that to 'see' the story. Previously there was a lot of riverbank and trees etc to the left (as we look at it) of the bridge. Now there is not so much and, I think, makes fro a much better image.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    901
    Real Name
    Kathy

    Re: Country Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    A much stronger image. It's not just the log being taken out, it's also quite a large section of the left-hand side. We've still got enough of that to 'see' the story. Previously there was a lot of riverbank and trees etc to the left (as we look at it) of the bridge. Now there is not so much and, I think, makes fro a much better image.
    Thanks Donald, I do see what everyone was talking about by cropping the photo, but for some reason I am still drawn to my original photo, I do not understand why, maybe it is the distance of the bridge in the original photo, when I cropped it it brought the bridge a little closer to me. I may still play around with it and see if I cant find a happy medium. Thanks for looking, your advice is always helpful.

    Kathy

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: Country Bridge

    Most certainly better. CIC is never wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •