Thread: Tiger, Tiger burning Bright

Real Name
    Roger

Tiger, Tiger burning Bright

Passing along one of my experiments in changing of various color and intensities of a normal picture. Original picture of a tiger's face from a local zoo.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Tiger, Tiger burning Bright

Roger - Given it is an experiment, I hope you were inviting comments.

Wonderfully original (so far as I know) approach. The one thing I wondered about was whether we needed some hint of a mouth. There's a big empty area in there and the image retains enough realism (in the sense that we can still recognise an animal looking at us) that maybe having an indication of the mouth (I mean lips - or whatever tigers have) would have made a contribution.

Art least it's something to consider.

Real Name
    Roger

Re: Tiger, Tiger burning Bright

Thanks Donald ... The original was slightly out of focus because I was shooting through a glass window and had little time (grandson in tow), but I loved the eyes and wanted to do something with it relative to some other shots I've see. So the result. Attached is a response to your suggestion. It's the best I can do without loosing the power of the eyes. Below that is attached my adaptation of a picture of a Pterosaurus skeleton using the same techique. I call it the "The Flight of the Pheonix."