Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Spring comes to Georgia

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Spring comes to Georgia

This is my first post here after just joining CiC. So this is rather exploratory.

Spring comes to Georgia

I appreciate any comments you might have, especially concerning how this forum really works.

I uploaded this photo to my new "album", but could not figure out how to include it from there.
    There also must be a way to attach tags, but I have not found it yet.

Thank you in advance for helping a newbie.

Ludwig

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Spring comes to Georgia

Hi Ludwig and welcome to CiC. For your first post, this one is a dazzling composition. The left bud looks slightly soft but plenty of detail nonetheless. Georgia, eh? I gotta get out of the house and go shoot some flowers as well then. Thanks for the encouragement!

What a simple, yet striking, image! Love the colors. Definitely shouts "Spring!"

There are a number of options concerning uploading photos, Ludwig.

Have a read of this HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

Some methods can produce a slightly softer image, depending on the starting image size.

I wouldn't want to apply any more overall sharpening to your photo because there is already a hint of slight background noise; which would become worse.

Possibly a little bit of carefully applied selective sharpening may be worth trying to the terminal bud. But I suspect that the white petals and bright side buds are simply overwhelming everything else.

I may also consider a minor crop of the top and right side, to move the flower slightly towards the right edge.

But we are just talking about very minor suggestions here.

Real Name
    Ludwig Keck

Thank you FrankMi, Bev, Geoff F, for the kind words, warm welcome, and your kind advise. Your thoughtful comments will help me improve my photography, especially the post-processing. CiC already feels like a comportable, worthwhile place for spending plenty of time and benefitting from every minute.