Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Another adventure downtown Los Angeles

Real Name
    Bob R

Another adventure downtown Los Angeles

There seems to always be something going on down here, today no exception. I have no idea what this was about, but I really liked it. On the good side there were no deaths as what this is usually associated with. It was just a display, along with every engine type, rescue type and helicopter that they use. It was just fun.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Another adventure downtown Los Angeles

When you say, 'that they use', who do you mean? The city authorities?

Just at the right hand side of the flag and below it to the right, there looks like quite a bad bit of flare.

Real Name
    Bob R

I'm sorry, when I write I just assume everyone knows what I'm taking about, my wife says the same thing when I talk, she has to ask me what are you talking about - anyway, the Los Angeles Fire Department had on display every piece of equipment they use in and around the city, not just the usual ladders, pumpers, hose trucks but search and rescue, including items like Jet Skies, all sorts of floatable devices some propelled some not, helicopters, wreckers, bulldozers, huge air bags you can jump into out of a buying high-rise, right down to the hand tools, demonstrations of repelling down a side of a building, putting out a car fire, cutting open a car with the jaws of life, it was awesome - so back to the flare up lower right - there is a lot of construction going on about a 1/4 mile away and they are a result of work lights. I took them down as much as I could without really effecting the rest of that area in the picture. But I bet I can find a way to take them down further, I'll give it a try.

The picture is two hook and ladder trucks extended from the street below with the flag suspended from them. They usually do this when a fireman loses his life in the line of duty or as for this day, special events.

Thanks Donald for pointing that out.

Bob

Real Name
    Bob R

Ok then, so I went back over it and removed some of the flare, took several layers to do this - amazing, I also toned down City Hall in the background, that also seemed to help with the flare.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Oh yes, much better, Bob, with City Hall toned down a bit.