Thread: Sophie in Glasgow

Real Name
    Gerry

Sophie in Glasgow

I wandered out with young Sophie yesterday, and we dodged the rain. Sophie brought some random clothes and I had a couple of cameras, lenses and a reflector. With the majority of my model photography, these are casual fashion.
    I've really only played about with the tones on these, and tidied the framing where I shot to crop....and a little bit of graffitti removal

Sophie in Glasgow

Sophie in Glasgow

Sophie in Glasgow

Sophie in Glasgow

With Sophie being a dancer, there was a tutu in her hag, so we found a dog

Sophie in Glasgow

Not neccessary for Critique

Gerry
    Last edited by gerryquiff; 4th March 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Sophie in Glasgow

Hi Gerry,

I'm puzzled by the final comment "Not neccessary for Critique", if we're not here to learn, what's the point?

I don't do this kind of photography, but even I can see a few issues that I feel are worth mentioning, of course they are just my opinions.

#1 background plaque and your motif are a little distracting, but otherwise very nice.

#2 background too busy for me, unless a record of where Sophie lives for her, I don't see the point, I am also puzzled by the tan on her face she has in this, but not the other shots, looks very odd next to her arms and hands

#3 the scratches on the concrete wall draw my eye, looks about 1/2 stop overexposed, otherwise nice

#4 the 'head down' tilt looks slightly unnatural for her, looks about 1/2 stop overexposed

#5 I'd level this one, but it is still a nice shot

I like the compositions/crops in all though

Hope that helps someone,

Different people see photos in different ways; but for me, I would have cropped the first two a little tighter on the left, and rotated the last one as Dave mentioned.

But they are all good shots.

Real Name
    Brian

I'm not sure I get the correlation between the tutu and the dog, but I really like the last one, though as mentioned, I would correct the verticals.
    And yes, please explain "Not necessary for Critique"?

Thanks for posting

Real Name
    Richard

Lovely young woman... Were these all from the same shoot. Her hair looks shorter in #2, or was that just the way she had arranged it. Since I love looking at both dogs and pretty females, my eye keeps switching from one end of the lead to the other

Real Name
    Kerry

Lovely photos, agree Number two, such a pretty face but too much foundation, which unfortunately doesnt match her whiter hands. The last one is great for the fun factor

I like the idea from the 5th but in my opinion the dog had to be white or black and of course to wear a little red.