Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some Fun Guys

Real Name
    Jason

Some Fun Guys

Hi all,

I have been busy over the last couple of weeks, moved house and then we have been getting a fair bit of rain, so I have not had the chance to use the camera, which has been driving me batty. Well the rain finally gave up this afternoon and I took the chance to have a look around my new backyard and gardens. I noticed a patch of fungi having a good grow so thought I would try some close up work. I was trying to get the underside of the fungi where you get that delicate and soft looking shapes. I went for the b&w conversion to again try to highlight the areas I was aiming at. All C&C welcome of course.

Cheers

J

Some Fun Guys

Some Fun Guys

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Some Fun Guys

Quote Originally Posted by jstp View Post
    I have been busy over the last couple of weeks, moved house ....
    One of life's more stressful events. Well done for surviving it.

I like the how the stem looks. But I wonder if the top part then becomes too indistinct; i.e. they start to merge into each other. What about a crop on each side so that our attention is very firmly directed to that central area?

EDIT - Was the second one always there. I only saw the first one when I wrote the above.
    Last edited by Donald; 4th March 2012 at 07:23 PM.

I think I would also crop the top on both photos.

Real Name
    Jason

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies and thoughts. Yeah I had a bit of trouble with my connection while uploading so the first one you saw was the only one until I got it working again. Are you able to upload more than one photo at once? I only seem to be able to do one at a time.
    Here are the photos again with the suggested crops.

Cheers

Some Fun Guys

Some Fun Guys

Quote Originally Posted by jstp View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies and thoughts. Yeah I had a bit of trouble with my connection while uploading so the first one you saw was the only one until I got it working again. Are you able to upload more than one photo at once?
    Which uploading method are you using, Jason?

With some options it is possible to upload more than one photo but can be tricky for someone like me.

If in doubt, which happens frequently, I upload the first image then save my post. Subsequent images are added as edits.

Too often, I have composed my text and added one photo, then go looking for the next image and end up losing everything that I struggled to compose.
    Last edited by Geoff F; 5th March 2012 at 08:33 PM.

Real Name
    Jason

Hey Geoff,

I am just using the upload a picture option, then I do the same as you, it works so I can live with it

The Tinypics method does allow you to upload more that one image in a post but not multiple images at the same time.

After uploading the first image, and copying the address to your post you can click on 'Upload' (or something like that) in the Tinypics header line. This will enable you to repeat the operation a number of times.

Then when you click Post Quick Reply they are get included.

It took me a while of struggling before some kind person here pointed out this method.

The only slight problem that I sometimes find is that I have to use the Go Advanced option as the Quick Reply sometimes doesn't work for me with tinypics.