snowdrop

snowdrop

C&C, as allways,

Leo

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Re: snowdrop

Hi Leo,
    I rate the first one far more(I like it), the background isn't anywhere as distracting, allowing me to focus on the flower.
    Perhaps even a vignette to focus even more? And remove the weed behind the plant. It's less distracting than the compositon of the second one, but again that may be due to the colour.
    Graham

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Thanks Graham,

I will give a try.

Leo

Yes the first one is the better shot all round; but, personally, I would crop tighter at the top and right side to remove some of the distracting background.

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Thanks Geoff,

I might try this, but how with "rule of thirds", why do you feel that I should break it ?
    Please, don't get me wrong, I REALLY want to know anybody's opinion about it.
    My point was :
    top thin leaf is almost in the same manner with the background weed. background "dust" is almost rarallel with the blue line in background, and snowdrop have a bit of ballance from that clay pot. this was in my mind, and I'mnot sure I'm right.
    can you tell me why should I crop ? ( it is not about right or wrong, is more about your/others feeling)

Thanks for your time,
    Leo

From a purely personal point, Leo. I think that nature doesn't confirm to arbitrary man made photographic rules. Therefore I just work with what is available; and I don't worry even if that puts the main subject smack bang in the centre of the frame.

If I was creating that shot from the start, I would have arranged the background to give a more pleasing appearance. Particularly with regard to that excessively bright area at the top. To me, it just looks confused.

But, as it is, I would now simply try to salvage something by removing those distracting elements with a crop. Possibly a square crop may help; there are a number of possibilities.

But that is just how I would tackle this scene. Other people will do things differently.

Real Name
    2 penny for the guess..

Thanks Geoff,
    I'm not upset at all by your comments. I do find them very wellcomed, a differend person might see the right things. This is what I'm looking for, really.

Thanks again,
    Leo