Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: More holes

Real Name
    Jeff

More holes

1 Shot HDR (DNG file developed twice & blended in PS) Shot mid morning Pentax K7 16-50 F2.8. f8. Comments welcome.

More holes

Real Name
    John

Re: More holes

I think all the excitement of the photo is in the sky, should have more of it.

Real Name
    Allen Conway

I'm glad you took this photo rather than me - I wouldn't have a clue how to make the most of it!

You could get rid of the grass you can see in the foreground and perhaps make the green part more contrasty - I mean the bright part brighter, especially the birch tree perhaps. The sky is dramatic, isn't it?
    Last edited by gaijin; 29th February 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Mistook grass for tree tops! Great eyesight

Real Name
    Chris

I would suggest before you jockey around with HDR and multiple blends, you work the color aspects of the image. Every scale in this image has been overmanipulated to where you make near to impossible to revive the original black and white points. I worked the color layer because, while the sky is nice and full of character, to work it and leave the foreground greens to go fallow is a huge mistake.

I am assuming you still have the original files to set the black and white points first, then work the colors according to fore, middle and background, then do your merges. Needs cropping and some significan layer adjustments.

More holes