Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Elements 10

Real Name
    Richard

Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Elements 10

If installed on the same computer, will Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Elements 10 fight each other for which program will organize the images?

I have an mp3 player whose software tries to upload and organize my images every time I connect the darn player to my computer. I don't want this to happpen when I turn on PSE-10!

How do you establish that Lightroom 3 will be the organizer and that Photoshop will not organize, but only edit when required?

Re: Lightroom 3 and Photoshop Elements 10

PSE comes in two parts, the organiser and the editor. If you organise in LR you then just select to edit the image in PSE and it only loads the editor.

Real Name
    Joe

I have Lightroom 4 beta installed that I use for organizing and editing. I also have Photoshop Elements 10 installed that I use for editing when I need Layers (rarely for my type of photography) and for the Clone Stamp and Spot Healing Tool. As Dan says above you can set PSE to open into only the Editor. To do this, on the Welcome page of PSE 10 at the upper right hand corner click Settings and choose load in to Editor only, now when you launch PSE 10 whether from inside Lightroom or as a stand alone it will open into Editor. This works great for me. Lightroom is my organizer and non-destructive editor, going to PSE10 only when I absolutely have to.

You may not be asking this question, but if you are asking about a drop down box which appears when new material is presented you can right click on that box and set the default program to process that type of activity. If it is not on the short list you can look for the program in your files and set it there.

Otherwise....what Dan said