Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Topaz filters for Real Estate

Real Name
    Ronny Geenen

Topaz filters for Real Estate

I use Photo Element 9 and want to buy some Topaz programs.
    Especially to enhance images that I take of homes to help Realtors market and sell their listings.
    Which topaz filter program do you advice me to buy?

Real Name
    Russell

Re: Topaz filters for Real Estate

Hi, Would not advise you to buy any of them!!!
    I would however advise you to download there trial versions of any one of there programs and try it for free to see what one suits your purpose, also and I may be wrong on this, I would have thought that the better option for inside house photography would be HDR.
    Russ

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

I think the best thing for Real Estate photography is good / solid photographic techniques & good lighting.

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi, Would not advise you to buy any of them!!!
    I would however advise you to download there trial versions of any one of there programs and try it for free to see what one suits your purpose, also and I may be wrong on this, I would have thought that the better option for inside house photography would be HDR.
    Russ
    Many of the Topaz programs are well suited to enhancing HDR images, and with the
    Lightroom plug-ins it doesn't interrupt your workflow too badly.

http://www.topazlabs.com/adjust/

http://www.topazlabs.com/denoise/

I shoot real estate also, and generally use off-camera speedlights to provide the
    proper level of light to balance with the ambient, however there are times when
    taking bracketed exposures and blending them (often including one with the flash)
    works out to a superior image. I been using Lightroom/Enfuse for several months now,
    and have been pleased with most all of the results (and the ones I wasn't pleased with
    were my fault...)

This first image is a 5 exposure blend, and the second was using an SB-900 and
    LP-160. The right bedlamp is too bright, but other than that little issue I was quite
    pleased with it. Pic 1 ended up just a little on the soft side, however the client
    was overjoyed, which is good enough for me..

Mike
    Last edited by Dizzy; 28th February 2012 at 08:48 AM.

Real Name
    Ronny Geenen

Thank you for the info.
    I use inside nearly always the bracketing method, Canon lens 10-22mm and a monopod. When it is needed also a flash with or without a difusser or bounce effect. In California most homes have blinds in front of the windows and that give me the option to play with incoming light. Because clients use only the cheap little boxes with hardly any wide lens, they all like the pictures.
    But I feel I can still improve a lot and that made me start reading about the possibilities of Topaz as an option.

Yeah great to see your thread as for providing Topaz filters for Real Estate. I am also looking for the best grand rapids real estate agents which provides online information also. While searching I found many good results with complete description of the property.