Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mister Brat

Real Name
    Bobo

Mister Brat

While Mister Fat (posted in another thread) was all nice and gentlemanly, this guy was the absolute opposite. Barging everywhere, shouting at birds in its way, and generally behaving like a very spoiled brat.

Not sure if the vignetting in 1-3 works or not.

Feedback, good or bad, always appreciated.

Mister Brat

Mister Brat

Mister Brat

Mister Brat

Mister Brat

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: Mister Brat

One and two really are great. The 'brat' personality comes out in both. In #1the attitude is obvious. Pity The head of the other bird intrudes as it is a slight bit distracting. But in Nature you have to take it as it comes.
    In #2 it is in the flash of the eye and the set of the, well, beak, rather than jaw.LOL Brat can come and lord it over the others here on our dams anytime. He has character and great attitude!
    As for Vignette in #3? Were it mine I think maybe a little more subtle and less obvious. But certainly a vignette is not out of place here.
    But all great shorts full of life and telling a good story. Thanks for sharing
    Ken

Real Name
    Paul

They do get pretty onry coming up on mating season, don't they Bobo. Been head bobin a lot lately. Spring is coming. Good work.

Real Name
    Steve

Nice job bobo. When shooting multiple subjects, sometimes it's better to zoom out or back up a few steps to avoid clipping. Also increasing the f/stop and iso is also needed to keep them all in focus. Otherwise, be patient and wait for them to separate enough for a clean shot. I'd rather have one shot like #2 over 10 shots like #3.

Great job overall bobo, your shots are improving every time i view them. You got some really great detail in the first one, and captured the moment very well.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

As a small point. It is Missey Brat, not Mr Brat! The two clipped ducks above her in #2are both drakes. But our Brat is a duck albiet it no lady!
    K

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Steve, I will bear those shooting tips in mind.

Thanks ucci - not sure about the miss or mister but will defer to the expert.

Thanks Paul - yup horny season about to start up..

Btw, it is the same bird in all 5 shots (chased him around). Appears to be a juvenile due to much smaller size then either those with the green heads or those with the brown ones.

Real Name
    Wendy

Bobo, these are all great but the first and last are fantastic. I like the expression in the first one, what an attitude. When I first looked at it I wished the mallard in the foreground wasn't there, but it really completes the picture as he looks like he is ducking (pun not intended) for cover.

Knowing now that this is a female makes the last shot even better, now that she has the attention of the boys it looks likey she's playing coy. Very cute

I'm curious what kind of duck she is. The reason I ask is because I've seen the same type near here, but alway a single duck hanging around with the mallards

Great work
    Wendy

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Wendy. Well the pics succeeded to a point - at least it made people laugh. hehe

I am having its ID checked (as well as your goose).