Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canal du Midi

Real Name
    Jeff

Canal du Midi

Here's a shot taken last Autumn on the Canal du Midi, Panasonic Lumix LX3, 1/80 @ F4 24mm equiv. Comments welcome.

Canal du Midi

Traveling the canal is a great way to see southern France, from a slow, unique perspective. Especially if you like food, and wine !

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Canal du Midi

Aahh. Fond memories.

Traveling the canal is a great way to see southern France, from a slow, unique perspective. Especially if you like food, and wine !
    I do. I do.

Am finding that one a bit dark, Jeff. What about dodging the part of the bank in shade closest to us just to bring up a bit more detail?

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Aahh. Fond memories.

I do. I do.

Am finding that one a bit dark, Jeff. What about dodging the part of the bank in shade closest to us just to bring up a bit more detail?
    Sadly, its just noise, it was the last of the light, and a small sensor camera. Here's a few more from the same series which may be better ...

Canal du Midi

Canal du Midi

Canal du Midi

J

Real Name
    Graham Heron

Hi Jeff,
    I really like the first one posted in terms of light. Love the rim lighting on the trees. Not totally sure about the crop. It's a really good picture, but I feel that it could be great with a slightly different crop. Unfortunately that's as far as my brain has got. I can see there's something there, but I don't know what..
    Graham

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamH View Post
    Hi Jeff,
    I really like the first one posted in terms of light. Love the rim lighting on the trees. Not totally sure about the crop. It's a really good picture, but I feel that it could be great with a slightly different crop. Unfortunately that's as far as my brain has got. I can see there's something there, but I don't know what..
    Graham
    Thanks for the response, glad you see what I saw when I took the shot ... As to the crop I use the 1x1 format a lot, I like it, but its a subjective thing ...