Charles

It takes all sorts

There's something for everyone!

http://photojojo.com/store/

Enjoy.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: It takes all sorts

I inadvertently misunderstood Charles' post earlier and thought it was spam (for which I apologise). It's not. It's great fun.

And if anyone's listening, I want a Canon 70-200 mug!

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: It takes all sorts

I have two of the Canon 70-200 mugs - one for home, one for the office. I bought them right as soon as they became available after the Vancouver Winter Olympics where they were given out by Canon to the pros as promotional items. After the interwebs got wind of them, there was such an outcry for them that Canon let more be manufactured to be sold to the public. Though my model seems to be different in that the base is the same width as the rest of the lens - I know it makes it less realistic, but it does keep it from tipping a little better I'd think (though I also paid closer to $50 each for mine). Searching around, it looks like both models are still available.

The biggest shame is that I still don't own the actual lens though... This darn having to live within a budget thing is a real drag.

- Bill

Real Name
    Richard

I saved money on a 70-200mm mug...

Instead of spending money on a 70-200mm coffee mug, I broke the front elements out of a 70-200mm f/4L lens. It works great, except that it leaks a bit around the lens mount! The only other slight problem is that the coffee is a bit crunchy. Do you think I should have rinsed the lens out before filling it with coffee

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: I saved money on a 70-200mm mug...

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Instead of spending money on a 70-200mm coffee mug, I broke the front elements out of a 70-200mm f/4L lens. It works great, except that it leaks a bit around the lens mount! The only other slight problem is that the coffee is a bit crunchy. Do you think I should have rinsed the lens out before filling it with coffee
    No - I think it means you just need to use a different filter - do you have an old Grad ND laying around? I hear they let you select how dark you want your coffee...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Instead of spending money on a 70-200mm coffee mug, I broke the front elements out of a 70-200mm f/4L lens.
    It's pity that the lens doesn't extend when you go out to 200mm. You'd then have got more coffee in at 200 than at 70.

Real Name
    Robin

Everything you buy comes with a free dinosaur - life doesn't get better than photojojo.

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

The burrito lens wrap is just inspired.

This site is gonna cost me!