Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: printing

Real Name
    Tito Pieczanski

printing

Hello
    I have been using manufacturer's printing profiles. I calibrate my monitor and print with an Epson 3880. I mostly use Epson papers and download their profiles.
    I would like to know if custom made profiles do make a viewable difference.
    Thank you
    Kindly

TITO PIECZANSKI

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: printing

They CAN do is the best answer I can give. An advantage of custom profiles (if you do them yourself) is that you can tweak them to your own requirements. Keep in mind though that a profile is only valid for 1 specific printer type / paper type / ink type / and media settings combination.

On a side note, monitor profiling is more important than monitor calibration.

Real Name
    Tim

Tito
    I have not yet received my 3880. However, everything I have read suggests that Epson's profiles for the Epson papers and inks are very good. You would probably get only marginal improvements. However, if you wish to use another manufacturer's paper, than custom profiles might be worthwhile.
    Tim

Real Name
    Tito Pieczanski

Hi
    You have been quite helpful.
    Photography is my hobby and I find sometimes hard to figure out the relevance of some statements I read regarding technical issues. I don't look or produce photos as an attempt to mimic reality, since I work on them with a kind of painter mentality.

Thank you again

TITO PIECZANSKI