Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: CF card - quick question

Real Name
    Jeannie

CF card - quick question

Do CF cards have a "color cast"? I recently complained to Walgreens that nearly all my photos were coming out with too much of a yellow cast. He asked was it my CF card. I said no because I had noticed this with 2 different cameras belonging to my sisters.

It just got me to wondering - do/can CF cards have a color cast?

PS - I use Sandisk cards

Re: CF card - quick question

Absolutely not - unless you painted them.

Seriously, the data stored on a CF card is simply computer bytes of information.

A colour cast in your prints could have several sources:

1) post processing with a monitor that isn't calibrated - this would be unusual I would think.

2) the people printing aren't very good at it, or their equipment is way off.

3) something wrong with your camera.

I'm voting for number 2).

Glenn
    Last edited by Glenn NK; 11th February 2012 at 10:03 PM.

Real Name
    Jeannie

Well, that's what I thought, but I am very much a newbie in photography. Thanks for settling that question.

Quote Originally Posted by rosapearl View Post
    Well, that's what I thought, but I am very much a newbie in photography. Thanks for settling that question.
    Jeannie:

I hope it helped (I apologize for not being polite about Walgreen's).

I don't print very often, but when I do, I go to a photography shop where the people are photographers and know what they are doing.

It certainly costs more than Walmart or others, but the prints always come out very well, and I'm never frustrated.

Glenn

Real Name
    Richard

Rosa Pearl,

What kind of post processing, if any, did you do on the images? Were all of the images shot in the same location, under the same light? I am assuming that you were shooting JPEG. Were the shots done under florescent conditions?

Could you post one of the images on this site?

What I recommend is that you get one image printed at a different location, preferably one that is familiar with digital photography.

I expect that the results will be superior to your Walgreens prints. Then show the improved print to the Walgreens' manager and ask that your images be reprinted to a better quality control or refund your money...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 12th February 2012 at 02:05 AM.

Real Name
    Jeannie

I agree - Walgreen's is not the greatest quality photos, but for everyday photos it's okay. I did contact Walgreens Corporate and they sent a tech to our local store and adjusted the in-store printer. So, it was definitely the store's equipment. For special photos, I do like to use a better grade photo lab. Thanks for everyone's input.