Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Walk around the lake C&C please

Walk around the lake C&C please

Got off early from work today decided to take a stroll and capture some pics. All comments welcome

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Pierre

Re: Walk around the lake C&C please

Hello Ryo
    The 2nd image does not work for me, even though I find myself trying for the same look.
    The 1st image has some potential. Next time maybe get much lower towards the ground and work different settings on your camera. With the current image, maybe try a couple of crops. Such as crop the right side (portrait style) bringing the reflection into more attention.
    The cattail is too centered for my taste, maybe moving it off to one side.

I am curious where this is in NJ, I live not far from the northeastern portion in NY.

Real Name
    Kevin

Ryo,

Image 1 just doesn't give us a strong object to focus our attention. Image 2: cant tell you how many times Ive tried similar driftwood shots and never came up with a compelling keeper. Image 3 is my favorite- like the B&W choice with good texture and light contrast. Maybe a tighter vertical crop. The background inclusion in 5 pulls my attention away from the cat-o'

Hope those thoughts worth something to you

Kevin

Real Name
    Mal

My favourite would be the B&W of #3. I don't have an eye for landscapes so the fact that the first two photos don't do much for shouldn't count for much. I'm personally okay with the cat's thing being centered

@ PBelarge thanks for the comments, good insight, next calm day I am out in the northern Pine Barrens I will try shooting closer to the ground.
    @ Kevin in 1 I was trying to capture the water as the object, what is not displayed, is how it weaves its way into the marsh surrounding it. I now realize that I need a higher angle. Shot 2 should have been named Beaver Work, and had I worn some wellingtons and not runners I would have lined up the shot from the two small stumps on the right and back down the tree.
    @ Mal thanks for the comments.

I have been doing a lot of experimenting, and wanted to try something that was out of my comfort zone. (cars is my preference) I appreciate the insights.

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Pierre

Ryo
    The Pine Barrens is not far from me. Good to see you here.

Real Name
    Bobo

I'll go against the trend here. #4 is the best imho.