Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Looking up at snow

Real Name
    Philip

Looking up at snow

This is the fresh snowfall this morning viewed from my back door, shooting upwards to get just the snow-laden tree without the distractions of roofs, chimneys and aerials.

Looking up at snow

Philip

Re: Looking up at snow

Very 'Christmas like'. Perhaps something to keep for next year's cards.

Real Name
    Kathy

That is one really green tree!! Is it naturally that green or did you help it along?? I was trying earlier in a photo of mine to enhance the green and didn't get the pop out green like this. Very nice!

Kathy

Real Name
    Anne

Very nicely done Philip. I agree, it would be a lovely front for a card at Christmas time

Real Name
    Philip

Thank you for your comments Geoff and Anne.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
    That is one really green tree!! Is it naturally that green or did you help it along?? I was trying earlier in a photo of mine to enhance the green and didn't get the pop out green like this. Very nice!

Kathy
    Thank you Kathy. As you suspected, I have enhanced the saturation of the greens - I wanted the uncovered green parts of the tree to be clearly visible against both the featureless bright grey sky and the snow on the branches, otherwise it might have been almost a monochrome image.

As I have written in some other posts, I love the rich colours of the natural world in daylight. They are present when we look properly, even on dull days. Hopefully they will show up in the following crop of a photo of the same tree. The snow on the branches melted during yesterday. I shot this today, again under a grey sky, and I have not altered the saturation.

Looking up at snow

Philip