Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: New member - Wondering about buying first camera

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

New member - Wondering about buying first camera

At the moment I have no dslr but I am very much going to buy an interchangeable lens camera like Somy nex 7 this summer! I like shooting portraits and light photography! If u have any suggestions for a camera for me it would be very helpful.
    Last edited by Donald; 5th February 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: New member - Wondering about buying first camera

Members

KrishnaChaitanya is one of our newest and youngest (still a teenager) members and posted the above in the New Member Introduction thread.

I'm sure many of you will want to offer some guidance as to the things that need to be thought about.

Real Name
    Rebecca

Hi Krishna,

If you are looking for something in the Sony Nex 7 price range you could consider the Panasonic Lumix GH2. I have just got one myself as I previously had a fixed lens on my Fuji s6500fd bridge camera and was looking for something with a bigger sensor and the quality of a DSLR but without the size of something like the Nikon D5000/7000 and similar. I love the GH2 as I have 2 lenses that will fit with the camera in a small shoulder bag and are incredibly light but have produced great images so far. I only got it a couple of weeks ago so am still getting used to it but am very impressed and it is one million percent better than my previous camera. I would have considered the Sony Nex 7 too if it had already been released but I got impatient I didn't really find much competition for the GH2 other than the Panasonic Lumix G3 which is meant to be equally as good. I preferred the larger grip and external controls on the body of the GH2 which is why I went for that model.

I used dpreview site to compare features on my shortlist of cameras so you may find that site useful too.

Good luck with your search for a new camera

Rebecca

Real Name
    KrishnaChaitanya

Quote Originally Posted by beckyhumphries View Post
    Hi Krishna,

If you are looking for something in the Sony Nex 7 price range you could consider the Panasonic Lumix GH2. I have just got one myself as I previously had a fixed lens on my Fuji s6500fd bridge camera and was looking for something with a bigger sensor and the quality of a DSLR but without the size of something like the Nikon D5000/7000 and similar. I love the GH2 as I have 2 lenses that will fit with the camera in a small shoulder bag and are incredibly light but have produced great images so far. I only got it a couple of weeks ago so am still getting used to it but am very impressed and it is one million percent better than my previous camera. I would have considered the Sony Nex 7 too if it had already been released but I got impatient I didn't really find much competition for the GH2 other than the Panasonic Lumix G3 which is meant to be equally as good. I preferred the larger grip and external controls on the body of the GH2 which is why I went for that model.

I used dpreview site to compare features on my shortlist of cameras so you may find that site useful too.

Good luck with your search for a new camera

Rebecca
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by boyyocool View Post
    Thanks for your valuable suggestion
    Hi, Would like to also point out that Panasonic Lumix are or where I believe giving you a free copy of Adobe Lightroom 3, If that deal is still on you would have to search for it.
    Russ