Thread: Which ink?

Real Name
    Charles

Which ink?

There are some interesting replies to my previous thread, Which Printer? It would appear that many people have also had problems with pigment ink clogging their printers through infrequent use, as I did. Hence, I have just bought a printer that uses dye based inks. (My printer can be standing idle for up to 6 months continuously, as I go to the south of France for the summer). So far, I am very impressed with the quality of prints my new Epson PX730 is producing, albeit with genuine Epson Claria ink, But apart from Dave in SW France, (thanks Dave), does anybody have experience of CISS? If so, who's ink do you use, and how does it compare with Epson ink?

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: Which ink?

I switched from Epson UltraChrome ink to the Lyson equivalent a couple of years ago -- and never looked back. around 1/3 the price - slightly better gamut - slightly less clogging - no longevity problems. Only problem was a faulty yellow cart which they replaced without question.

Real Name
    Homer

I've been using MIS inks, www.inksupply.com, for about three years. First with a Canon S9000 then an Epson 1400. I've had no problems with it but would admit I don't think it is as color-fast as genuine Epson Claria ink. However at one tenth the price of Epson inks, until someone is paying me to make prints, I'm staying with MIS!

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, I have used CIS with Epson with very good results however there is one drawback IMO, when printer makers bring out a new model the carts from the previous printer will not always fit the new printer so if you have a CIS you are to some extent restricted to the next printer you may wish to purchase.
    Russ