Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hanson, MA
    Posts
    45
    Real Name
    Tom

    Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Sun rise on Duxbury Beach
    ISO 200
    Aperture f22
    Shutter speed 1\25
    Focal length 18mm

    Comments gladly welcome.

    I did take out some of the sky and straightened it a bit, thanks for you comments.
    updated image is posted here.
    Sun rise on Duxbury Beach
    Last edited by TomM; 28th January 2012 at 09:32 PM.

  2. #2
    codachrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Burnley, Lancashire
    Posts
    126
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Cant see a picture

  3. #3
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,396
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    ISO 200
    Aperture f22
    Shutter speed 1\25
    Focal length 18mm

    Comments gladly welcome.
    Hi Tom,

    No picture, I'm afraid, which method were you trying to use?

    Or you may find the answer here;
    HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

    Cheers,

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hanson, MA
    Posts
    45
    Real Name
    Tom

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    I know I guess I am not sure how to get the image in here.

  5. #5
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,271
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Now we can see it Tom and a very nice sunrise it is too ! You might like to try cropping the top part of the sky to see if it improves the composition. Also could I suggest you post a larger picture - say 1200 or 1500 pixels wide with higher quality jpeg compression (say a file size of about 400-500KB). The image deserves a larger view which you will get when you click on it.

    Dave

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hanson, MA
    Posts
    45
    Real Name
    Tom

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Now we can see it Tom and a very nice sunrise it is too ! You might like to try cropping the top part of the sky to see if it improves the composition. Also could I suggest you post a larger picture - say 1200 or 1500 pixels wide with higher quality jpeg compression (say a file size of about 400-500KB). The image deserves a larger view which you will get when you click on it.

    Dave
    I can see taking out some of the sky. As far as the file size, is this something done prior to posting here? Or is it done when I post? I am new on this site so thanks for your patience.

  7. #7
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,271
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by TomM View Post
    I can see taking out some of the sky. As far as the file size, is this something done prior to posting here? Or is it done when I post? I am new on this site so thanks for your patience.
    Yes it is done prior to posting. Take your full size image in PS and use Image/Resize. Set the width to say 1200 pixels and the height should be automatically set. (You need to have Constrain Proportions and Resample Image checked). Then add some sharpening - probably an amount of about 30 and 0.3 pixels radius. Then save as jpeg with quality setting chosen to give a file size of about 400KB.

    When you are uploading the photo using tinypic, select Default in the Resize box.

    That's about it.

    Dave

  8. #8
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,271
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    One other thing Tom, I think the horizon needs a little straightening.

    Dave

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hanson, MA
    Posts
    45
    Real Name
    Tom

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Thank you

  10. #10
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Hi Tom,
    nice shot.

  11. #11
    Stinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    422
    Real Name
    Steve

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Very nicely composed and great color.

  12. #12
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,271
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Looks pretty good to me Tom, especially in the Lightbox (ie when you click on the image).

    Dave

  13. #13
    codachrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Burnley, Lancashire
    Posts
    126
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: Sun rise on Duxbury Beach

    Can see it now well worth waiting for great shot.

    Peter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •