Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: PCHOOD + Calibration puck advice

Real Name
    Russell

PCHOOD + Calibration puck advice

Hi, Just bought a PCHOOD http://shop.colourconfidence.com/product.php?xProd=2718
    But if you calbrate your monitor be aware that the puck will not fit through the whole on the top of the hood, I have had to unplug the puck after use and pass the USB connection back through the hood at the top.
    Anyone else use the PCHOOD and has a work around the disconnect after calibration please?
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Have a guess :)
    Hi Russell,

What's the problem disconnecting / reconnecting the colorimeter whilst profiling a monitor?

Real Name
    Russell

Re: PCHOOD + Calibration puck advice

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Russell,

What's the problem disconnecting / reconnecting the colorimeter whilst profiling a monitor?
    Hi Colin, Not really a problem more of an inconvenience to have to pull the computer out from under the desk to attach and detach the puck and thread the USB cable through the top of the hood, when I watched online how to calibrate a monitor the person just lifted the flap on top of the hood they had and past the puck through to hang in front of the monitor when finished past the puck back through and left it laying on the desk for next time, I assumed that makers of these hoods would have taken into account the different puck sizes in use today.
    Thanks
    Russ.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: PCHOOD + Calibration puck advice

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi Colin, Not really a problem more of an inconvenience to have to pull the computer out from under the desk to attach and detach the puck and thread the USB cable through the top of the hood, when I watched online how to calibrate a monitor the person just lifted the flap on top of the hood they had and past the puck through to hang in front of the monitor when finished past the puck back through and left it laying on the desk for next time, I assumed that makers of these hoods would have taken into account the different puck sizes in use today.
    Thanks
    Russ.
    Hi Russ,

Yes ... but ... you only need to do it every 3 to 6 months ... and you can even leave the viewing hood off while you do it.