Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Capones Grande Island Lighthouse

Capones Grande Island Lighthouse

The historic lighthouse was first lit on August 1, 1890 and is situated in the province of Zambales, Philippines. It serves as guide to vessels coming from north towards Subic Bay and Corregidor Island.

Please don't ask me to move further to the left or I'll fall off the cliff. Thanks!

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Capones Grande Island Lighthouse

Nice shot Al. Thanks for sharing this with us!

Thank you for viewing Joe!

Real Name
    Bobo

Nice shot. Envy you guys have lighthouses on call.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Nice shot. Envy you guys have lighthouses on call.
    Just for the record Sir Bobo, the lighthouse is not operational, and a yacht collided on that island whew! I hope it'll be restored soon.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Al for the info.

What gets me is the amount and attention to detail that the lighthouses got when first built. Might be a small project but the architects really cared for their craft. Each has its own unique background and "story" and the surrounding landscape is usually extraordinary.

Nowadays they will just put up a light-beacon and a radio transmitter.... Ugggh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    Thanks Al for the info.

What gets me is the amount and attention to detail that the lighthouses got when first built. Might be a small project but the architects really cared for their craft. Each has its own unique background and "story" and the surrounding landscape is usually extraordinary.

Nowadays they will just put up a light-beacon and a radio transmitter.... Ugggh.
    Sir Bobo, there are several old lighthouses all around the country built under the Spanish regime, some are still in operation and some are deteriorated and it's just my dream to visit and take pictures of them. For me, operating or not they're still an interesting subject of photography. Thanks.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Stunning image Al. The colors and composition are great. The detail in the brick of the dilapidated building is very detailed. It seams as if there is a bit of lens distortion though. The light house and left wall of the building seam to be leaning inward a bit.

Real Name
    Mike

Real nice, Al. Makes me curious as it seems the roof is exposed… what might it look like in HDR inside the brick building? The images from within the building looking out the windows at the coastline would be intriguing in my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Douglas View Post
    Stunning image Al. The colors and composition are great. The detail in the brick of the dilapidated building is very detailed. It seams as if there is a bit of lens distortion though. The light house and left wall of the building seam to be leaning inward a bit.
    Hmm yeah I've noticed that, could it be the uneven spot where I am standing? Or the building is beginning to fall apart? I don't know. Thank you for viewing Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Real nice, Al. Makes me curious as it seems the roof is exposed… what might it look like in HDR inside the brick building? The images from within the building looking out the windows at the coastline would be intriguing in my mind...

Thank you Mike, well I have some pictures from the building but I'm afraid you might laugh at it hahaha. But I have another picture from the staircase of the lighthouse. Here it is.