Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Keychain on a table C&C.

Real Name
    Mario

Keychain on a table C&C.

Hello.

I just made this image some hours ago, shoot some hours ago with a hand held desk lamp and a mirror (If I remember well) very much like the settup described here. The processing consisted of curves adjustment, added glare around the highlights, local contrast enhancement, resizing and sharpening in The GIMP.

Please comment on all aspects. I attempted conservative editing albeit not necessarily realistic.

I couldn't find a better fit than [...] and all other photography. Let me know if this wasn't the appropriate section for this post.

Keychain on a table C&C.

Real Name
    Wayne

Re: Keychain on a table C&C.

I don't normally care for "hardware shots," but this one works for me--probably because of the contrast between the interesting,muted colors on the tabletop (or is it the floor?), and the glistening sharpness of the chain and keys. Yup, I like it very much!.

Real Name
    Mario

Re: Keychain on a table C&C.

Thanks you Wayne. This is indeed, a table. Its stained look comes from at least sandpaper scratches, pen and marker, powder of iron oxides, copper oxides, iron(III) chloride, sauce and other food spots. I thought it could made an interesting complement for the glistening metal. I'm happy you liked it .