Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ordesa

Real Name
    Mark

Ordesa

Hi...This is a shot near the top of the valley of Ordesa in the Pyrenees. Well actually itīs two shots stitched vertically to get more pixels to be able to print bigger, but also itīs a focus blend to get more depth of field.

C&C very welcome.

Ordesa
    Ordesa by marcodemalaga, on Flickr

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Ordesa

It's amazing what you can achieve when you start using panos and focus stacking techniques together!

Works well in every respect.

Real Name
    Robert Farkas

Very nice...

Real Name
    Scott Benz

That screams HDR to me. Not versed in HDR yet, am I correct? How about HDR, vertical pano and stacking... That's some serious stuff. Makes my head spin. It is a great image as is however, really nice.

Real Name
    Mark

Scott....No, thereīs no type of HDR tecnique here.

Real Name
    Thomas E. Hawkins

Mark... Nice! Can't see where you stitched it together (of course that's the idea, right?). This is something I would love to learn. Nice job.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by epmi314 View Post
    That screams HDR to me. Not versed in HDR yet, am I correct? How about HDR, vertical pano and stacking... That's some serious stuff. Makes my head spin. It is a great image as is however, really nice.
    Hi Scott. It probably 'feels' different than a typical photo owing to the dramatic DoF provided by the focus stacking technique. We don't expect photos to look this way because of the limitations imposed by the camera and when we do see an image that looks more like we would see with our own eyes if we were there it doesn't have the expected shallow DoF that we are used to in a picture. If you take a look at post #42 in Project 52 by Frank Miller for an indoor shot where the same technique is employed. There is no HDR tonemapping required to get this level of DoF. Hope this helps!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Frank,

I think the HDR suggestion was just because the sunlit mountain is a bit over exposed - because of the detail in the shadowy foreground.

Although it doesn't need HDR, a masked levels/curves adjustment layer to rein it in (just a bit) would suffice.

Hi Mark,

Nice composition - and you certainly got the 'more pixels' to print with looks great at 1:1 even though it doesn't fit my screen.