Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Foggy Day C&C please

Foggy Day C&C please

Today was overcast and foggy the first few shots I think are a bit awkward to look at, but make sense as you go on..
    Awkward:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    Normal:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    Awkward:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    Not so awkward:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    Blended:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    More normal but I swear, the fog was heavier:
    Foggy Day C&C please
    and changing lenses:
    Foggy Day C&C please

I have been working on getting good reflections; better stated I have been training my eye to catch them, so that I can minimize them from my car photos.

Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Foggy Day C&C please

The last 2 are lovely moody shots.

Real Name
    Kathy

Love the last photo, the lake is very beautiful!

Real Name
    Mark

No 2 is good. Maybe a lot better with some editing. I like the last one too although those branches in the foreground are a little distracting.

Real Name
    Mike

Hi Ryo, I like the first one, after I got over the upside down feeling. 3,4,and 5 took me a while to digest. They are all very busy, but I think I can see what you were going for. What did you use for blending? Looks like some potentially labor intensive stuff with all the detail "higher" up in the the reflection crossing over elements on the surface, or just below the water.
    I also really like the last one, but have to agree with Mark about the branches detracting a touch from that strong s-curve

Real Name
    Chris

Ditto to Mike's observations and as well, your horizon line in the second from last is skewed to the right. It needs some counterclockwise movement. In the ice reflection shots, next time try focusing on the reflections and not the surface of the ice. In most cases, it will require shooting in manual focus mode and as well, if the surface is equally important, shoot in a zone of focus (a wider range of aperture) which will allow for both to have equal force.

Real Name
    Tim

I like #2 and the blended one. Taste, I guess. I am just more interested in photos that capture some aspect of a scene, and find photos that capture the view from a trail, or whatever, sort of boring. I know that other people believe just the opposite, and certainly no one is "correct."

I think that the very white snow that doesn't contribute a lot to the scene in the last picture, does affect the depth of tone on the whole image. It probably biased the histogram, so even though it was unimportant, ends up 'flattening' the whole picture. I would have cropped it to focus more on the snowy point, for that reason, maybe still keeping the nice pattern in the ice.