Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Beach Sunset-silhouette

Real Name
    Moosa Al-lawati

Beach Sunset-silhouette

hello,,
    This is my first thread in this forum and i wanted to show you one of my shots...
    please consider that i am a beginner and i need ur comments to improve my shots..

This photo is taken by me in Sultanet of Oman-Muscat-al qurum beach..

Camera: Canon 1100D-Lens:18-55
    I used an ND4 in this photograph..

Beach Sunset-silhouette

Settings

Beach Sunset-silhouette

waiting for ur comments..
    bye
    Last edited by lawatiano; 18th January 2012 at 12:12 PM.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    I love the mood of this image. The gradient of the sky is nice and smooth and the silhouettes of the people are sharp. Nice work with the ND4 to keep the sun from blowing out the sky. What where your setting on this shot? Just a reminder, please fill out your profile. We are like one big family here and like to acknowledge each other by first name. Excellent work on your first image posted here.

Real Name
    Moosa Al-lawati

Re: Beach Sunset-silhouette

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Douglas View Post
    I love the mood of this image. The gradient of the sky is nice and smooth and the silhouettes of the people are sharp. Nice work with the ND4 to keep the sun from blowing out the sky. What where your setting on this shot? Just a reminder, please fill out your profile. We are like one big family here and like to acknowledge each other by first name. Excellent work on your first image posted here.
    Thanks alot for your comment,i just filled out my profile..
    setting added,,

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Moosa,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me.

Q) Shall I tell you what I saw first, looking at this image?
    A) Your fancy signature

Then, having read it, I could appreciate the image itself.

Was that your aim?
    If so, fine
    However, we find a lot of people starting out are (rightly) proud of their images and 'brand' them like this, but don't realise how seriously distracting it is to the viewer. Apologies for my 'bit of a rant', it is a pet peeve You'll notice I don't do it (now)

The image is pretty good, I like the composition, and the horizon seems to be level (you'd be surprised how many people miss that - myself included sometimes) and the colour is good. In fact I have nothing really to suggest to improve it, beyond what I already mentioned

Best regards,

Real Name
    Moosa Al-lawati

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Moosa,

Welcome to the CiC forums from me.

Q) Shall I tell you what I saw first, looking at this image?
    A) Your fancy signature

Then, having read it, I could appreciate the image itself.

Was that your aim?
    If so, fine
    However, we find a lot of people starting out are (rightly) proud of their images and 'brand' them like this, but don't realise how seriously distracting it is to the viewer. Apologies for my 'bit of a rant', it is a pet peeve You'll notice I don't do it (now)

The image is pretty good, I like the composition, and the horizon seems to be level (you'd be surprised how many people miss that - myself included sometimes) and the colour is good. In fact I have nothing really to suggest to improve it, beyond what I already mentioned

Best regards,

Hi,,
    Thanks for being here,I didn't know that the signature was distracting, and i will reduce the opacity next time or reduce the font size however i really appreciate your comment because you mentioned what no one did,, i took many shots this was the best,,
    best wishes,,,

Real Name
    Mal

It's a lovely photo - well composed with great colours and silhouettes. Nice work

I think I would try a crop to remove part of the bottom black area, including signature, and a corresponding amount from the right. In fact, I might even try to crop more from the right side and change the width to height ratio.

That, I suspect, would give more impact to the sun and people.