Thread: Montauk Point Light House ,New York

Montauk Point Light House ,New York

Hi I'm new to this forum,this is a picture I took last week end.I just wanted to get my first post out of the way.

Montauk Point Light House ,New York

Re: Montauk Point Light House ,New York

Welcome to the CiC forum and on successfully posting your first photo. A lot of folks seem to have difficulty the first time. By the way, that white tower on the right in your photo was built during World War II and had an anti-aircraft gun emplacement on it.

Real Name
    Kevin

Welcome to CiC, Mike. I've learned more from these folks in the past few months than I had in the last 5 years.

I love shots of lighthouses, and would like to see this one more prominently displayed. Some tighter cropping of the foreground might be helpful, and perhaps removal of the light poles to the left of the lighthouse. Also some perspective correction and removal of the lense spots will help. I suspect this was a travel shot and you couldnt control the timing of your shoot, but would be neat to see this in early dawn or just after sunset light.

Keep on posting,

Kevin

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Mike, and Welcome. This is a nice vibrant shot and I think you have gotten some good advice from Kevin regarding Post Processing. Hope to see more.

Wendy