Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 1dx

Real Name
    Mark

1dx

Anyone know when the 1DX's are going to start shipping. My5D II got some moisture into it and its in the hospital right now. I like a full frame camera for landscapes and for making optimal use of my various focal lengths. In looking at the 1DX it seems like its going to be a one size fits all, but the way I see it, I'll still need 2 bodies. I'm planning on keeping my 1d iv and possibly upgrading my 5D II. Unfortunately once you get to used a 1 series Canon then that's all you want to use. Expensive I know, but I'd like the features of my 5D in a 1D body.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: 1dx

Hi Mark,

I think the official target was around 1st April, but in practice, there are HUGE pressures on production, and NZ will prob only get around 10 from the first batch. Went through the same with the 1Ds3 - I said to Graham @ progear that "I don't mind Canon playing favourites ... just so long as I'm one of them"

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Hi Mark,

I think the official target was around 1st April, but in practice, there are HUGE pressures on production, and NZ will prob only get around 10 from the first batch. Went through the same with the 1Ds3 - I said to Graham @ progear that "I don't mind Canon playing favourites ... just so long as I'm one of them"
    Last time I dealt with them they were so slow and the service was pathetic so I've decided to get one elsewhere. I'll ask my daughter to pick up one in the States for me. Not sure if the video will be PAL though. Not too important for me. Any idea what the local price will be?

Real Name
    Russell

IF!! I could afford to buy one I would book a holiday to the USA buy the camera go back to the UK and still have enough change out of my budget for a night out to the pub.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markvetnz View Post
    Last time I dealt with them they were so slow and the service was pathetic so I've decided to get one elsewhere. I'll ask my daughter to pick up one in the States for me. Not sure if the video will be PAL though. Not too important for me. Any idea what the local price will be?
    Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, I know what you mean

My best guess was $10k, but it depends on a number of things, inc exchange rate. Generally not a lot to be gained by buying overseas when GST is accounted for in my experience for what it's worth.