Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I too haven't posted in a while

Real Name
    John

I too haven't posted in a while

These are a couple of things from '10 that I reworked with Silver Efex. I'm happy considering my novice status with that program.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: I too haven't posted in a while

Quote Originally Posted by johnbharle View Post
    These are a couple of things from '10 that I reworked with Silver Efex. I'm happy considering my novice status with that program.
    And so you should be, John. Good to see soem of your images.

Is it the original SEP or the updated SEP2 that you're working with? SEP2 has got some more options in it, but the fact that it is now out doesn't mean that all the comments about the original being a brilliant tool, still don't apply. And as you get comfortable with it (whichever version you have) you'll find out how much more you are able to do.

Don't think I would have gone with such a heavy vignette on the first one. You've got nice structure into the petals.

On the second one I think I might have wanted to check what it was like with the global brightness taken down a bit and then the shadow areas (that car and the underside of the tree on the right hand side lifted) with a control point.

Real Name
    John

I got SEP2. I'm just getting used to control points, etc. So that was probably not in the recipe for the street scene :-) But I can always go back and rework it. I tried not to go heavy on the vignetting, as I generally don't like the look, but guess I still had somewhat of a heavy hand. Thanks for comments.

Real Name
    John

Well, since I haven't posted in a while...again... here's a new one. I was mowing under one of the trees on top of the hill last week. This vine was climbing into the branches. Not sure what it is, but the seed pods caught my attention. Worked it over in SilverEfex. I like it today :-)...