Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Red Poppy

Red Poppy

Red Poppy

Re: Red Poppy

mrajith must take a second look at this composition the flowers just seem to pop out off the pic in a very scary and unreal mannerthat is a very good effort indeed.i would surely compose this pic in a different way,keeping the popping out effect of the flowers intact.my grudge is against the framing,nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    mrajith must take a second look at this composition the flowers just seem to pop out off the pic in a very scary and unreal mannerthat is a very good effort indeed.i would surely compose this pic in a different way,keeping the popping out effect of the flowers intact.my grudge is against the framing,nothing else.
    May be I will have to start cropping good to get a better comment from you :-)

Real Name
    Adrian

I am often required, by my better half (according to her), to take pictures of flowers. So I know how challenging it can be to get good, crisp, interesting shots.

This is a beautifully crisp and very well exposed picture in my view. Sure, you could crop it and focus on just the poppy, but I like the crowd of white flowers paying homage to the red sun above them, and the shy stalk to the left of frame, turning away. Cropped - it is yet another poppy in perfect focus. As it is - it tells me a story.

(But I am well known for being on a different planet half the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    I am often required, by my better half (according to her), to take pictures of flowers. So I know how challenging it can be to get good, crisp, interesting shots.

This is a beautifully crisp and very well exposed picture in my view. Sure, you could crop it and focus on just the poppy, but I like the crowd of white flowers paying homage to the red sun above them, and the shy stalk to the left of frame, turning away. Cropped - it is yet another poppy in perfect focus. As it is - it tells me a story.

(But I am well known for being on a different planet half the time).

Well...Frankly speaking I never thought you could make this big explanation for this photo..so Thanks :-) ...This simply shows I need to think a lot before framing ...
    My intention while taking this photo was to get a very distinct background (green) with a well contrasting flower (red ) in a very good angle .....I felt like the flower was looking at me while i was holding the camera and walking around it and saying "Give me a SHOT" ... :-)

Real Name
    Ian

For me, the white daisies are a little distracting in the way they are across the frame, I would perhaps have tried to have the balance set up in a different way, not necessarily leaving the daisies out altogether though.

Flowers can be difficult at times to get the surroundings just right. The red and green contrast very nicely however.

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    For me, the white daisies are a little distracting in the way they are across the frame, I would perhaps have tried to have the balance set up in a different way, not necessarily leaving the daisies out altogether though.

Flowers can be difficult at times to get the surroundings just right. The red and green contrast very nicely however.
    Thanks for the comments ...In this case it was too crowded and was difficult to get a clear shot.

Quote Originally Posted by ajith.rajeswari View Post
    Well...Frankly speaking I never thought you could make this big explanation for this photo..so Thanks :-) ...This simply shows I need to think a lot before framing ...
    My intention while taking this photo was to get a very distinct background (green) with a well contrasting flower (red ) in a very good angle .....I felt like the flower was looking at me while i was holding the camera and walking around it and saying "Give me a SHOT" ... :-)
    I love the combination of white flowers and red poppy against the dark green background, but I do think a slightly different framing (or a crop of this image) would give a more interesting result: I find the red poppy a little too centred for my taste. I also think that you could adjust the levels/curves a little bit (there are very few pixels towards the highlight end of the histogram in the original) to make the image 'pop' even more without spoiling the wonderful natural colours. This is though, as Adrian said, a beautifully crisp and very well exposed picture.

I hope you don't mind, but I have taken the liberty of working on this image to illustrate what I mean. I will, of course, remove this immediately if you ask.
    Red Poppy

The RED has a real nice pop gainst the green background. I really like the use of 1/3 rule in the cropped version.

Quote Originally Posted by GillR View Post
    I love the combination of white flowers and red poppy against the dark green background, but I do think a slightly different framing (or a crop of this image) would give a more interesting result: I find the red poppy a little too centred for my taste. I also think that you could adjust the levels/curves a little bit (there are very few pixels towards the highlight end of the histogram in the original) to make the image 'pop' even more without spoiling the wonderful natural colours. This is though, as Adrian said, a beautifully crisp and very well exposed picture.

I hope you don't mind, but I have taken the liberty of working on this image to illustrate what I mean. I will, of course, remove this immediately if you ask.
    Red Poppy
    Thanks for showing me the "worked" image with explanation :-) ..

Quote Originally Posted by Raycer View Post
    The RED has a real nice pop gainst the green background. I really like the use of 1/3 rule in the cropped version.
    Thanks Raycer

Real Name
    Ian

Nice composition GillR