Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Re-Import to L/R & Stack with original file

Real Name
    Russell

Re-Import to L/R & Stack with original file

Hi,Need a little help please.
    I want after exporting to an external editor to re-import the image back to lightroom, when I click on that option before export (to re-import) it is only sending the image to the original L/R folder and not into the preview pane along side the original Photo/s so if I want to work on it again I have to open the L/R folder and drag it into an external editor.
    I have been under VIEW/SORT but do not no what if any option to choose there.
    Hope you can understand the question
    Thanks
    Russ

Real Name
    Russell

Re: Re-Import to L/R & Stack with original file

Quote Originally Posted by russellsnr View Post
    Hi,Need a little help please.
    I want after exporting to an external editor to re-import the image back to lightroom, when I click on that option before export (to re-import) it is only sending the image to the original L/R folder and not into the preview pane along side the original Photo/s so if I want to work on it again I have to open the L/R folder and drag it into an external editor.
    I have been under VIEW/SORT but do not no what if any option to choose there.
    Hope you can understand the question
    Thanks
    Russ
    SORTED- If the image does not appear in Lightroom, check to see that the Filmstrip Source Indicator and menu is not showing "Previous Import". If you have switched to "Previous Import", access the menu, and select All Photographs.

Hope I understand. This is what I did this just yesterday.

After editing the image in PS elements, I copied it to the directory where the originals came from (I used the TIFF format), and then used IMPORT. I organize my photos by date (20120107 would be the folder name of photos taken today).

Glenn

Real Name
    Dan

If the new image is in the correct folder, try right-clicking on that folder in Lightroom and selecting "synchronize folder" rather than "import." There are two stages: first it synchronizes, and then it imports. (It gives you the option of stopping before the import so that you can choose images". This has always worked for me. It will not necessarily stack them but will put them in the right folder. I have never selected the "import" option from that menu.