Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Old Barn

Real Name
    Allan Short

Old Barn

Out driving around to-day while waiting for my computer to get a new hard drive and came across this old barn. There was nice sky, interesting barn, good foreground, even a little stream to act as a lead in. Worked it a little more than usual, by gaving it that bleeched look something, I don't usually do. What are you thoughts on the out come.

Allan

Old Barn

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Old Barn

Good work. Nice strong leading line into the image. Good rendering of texture on the grass and on the barn.

I'm wondering, though, why you chose to put the barn right slap-bang in the middle of the frame? Do you think it would be worth cropping to something like a 4:5 ration so that you moved the barn either up or down from the horizontal centre line? I think yoiu could crop it either at the bottom or the top - both would work, but obviously give a different image. It all depends on whether you prefer more foreground or more sky.

Also, what about cloning that little bit of dark, wavy-looking, cloud over on the right hand side just above the horizon?

Real Name
    Kathy

I love old Barns!! I love how the grass gives the photo some color and adds to the mood of the photo! Thanks for sharing!

Real Name
    John

Very nice image.