Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On to the next thing

Real Name
    Kelly

On to the next thing

My daughter and her step-dad were walking away from the swing set on to the next place to play...I like that I caught the swing in the frame as it swings empty from where she got out of it.

C & C welcome!

Canon t2i
    Shutter priority (I was taking lots of fast moving shots that afternoon) 1/400
    f/3.5
    18mm
    320 ISO

On to the next thing

rob marshall

Re: On to the next thing

It has a good narrative, but I'm not sure if it might have been better to show more of the swing, especially the frame of the swing, rather than just the chains and seat coming into the shot like that. It seems a bit abrupt. You have a problem with the lens hood or something in the corners.

Real Name
    Wayne Turner

Hi Kelly,

This is s great shot. Perhaps just crop an touch off the top and bottom to cut the dark corners out of it.

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    It has a good narrative, but I'm not sure if it might have been better to show more of the swing, especially the frame of the swing, rather than just the chains and seat coming into the shot like that. It seems a bit abrupt. You have a problem with the lens hood or something in the corners.
    I'm inclined to agree with Rob on having more of the swing in the shot. It's still a pretty good composition but I think having more of the swing in the shot would make it better.

Real Name
    Kelly

I agree it needed more swing...it was one of those "accident" shots...I didn't know the swing was going to come into view (I was looking through the viewfinder and couldn't see it until it was in frame) until after I took the pic and decided I like it and by the time I scooted back to have more of it, they didn't have such a good relationship-to-each-other position anymore.

The vignetting on the top and bottom is from the polarizing filter...I meant to crop it out and guess I forgot!

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it and am soaking it all in!

I think it would have more impact if cropped into a landscape aspect. Possibly 3 x 2 ratio might work.