Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Anyone tell me what the JVC GZ-HM445 Camcorder is like please?

Anyone tell me what the JVC GZ-HM445 Camcorder is like please?

My cousin has upgraded her handy-cam and wants to sell me her old one which is a JVC GZ-HM445, can any of you tell me what it is like before I agree? At the moment I own a Sony DCR-SR32 which is OK but in need of upgrading itself. It has an internal hard drive as this model I have been offered takes SD cards. Which would be better?

I use it to film scenery when I go to Cornwall as well as take still picture's, also use it to film group outings etc. The JVC GZ-HM445 is a HD which I think can be turned off and filmed in normal if I want, also has 40 x optical zoom, is that good?

Please can you advise me before I part with my hard earned cash? har har. Many thanks. I have hopefully inserted in what the model looks like.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Anyone tell me what the JVC GZ-HM445 Camcorder is like please?

I don't have one of these. You may have already looked at review sites. I see that trustedreviews.com states, in its introductory summary:
    "The JVC Everio GZ-HM445 has a very similar body and specification to the GZ-HM30, including the same CMOS sensor. But there are some improvements in key areas. It shoots AVCHD at 1080p rather than the 720p Lite variety, it has two SDXC slots instead of one, and best of all it has a touch-screen LCD rather than fiddly buttons to operate the menu. So whilst the HM30 is great value, the HM445 is even better, making this an excellent budget HD camcorder choice." It gives it 9 out of 10 ...whatever that means!

Re: Anyone tell me what the JVC GZ-HM445 Camcorder is like please?

Hi thanks and happy new year to you. I've looked at it in Argos and it seems much more smaller then my present video camera, in fact small enough to fit inside a pocket. My tower doesn't have an SD slot, so how would I get the movie I just done onto my tower for editing?