Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Despair Mark II

Real Name
    Peter

Despair Mark II

So, as part of my project 52, I posted my favourite shot for this week. Refer to the link below.
    Project 52 by Peter

However...... I couldn't go without posting this which I felt was a close second. Lighting was very similar to the other post except that instead of bouncing flash into the ceiling, I directed the flash head past my face.

Despair Mark II

In hindsight, I think just a touch more light coming into my face would have helped the shot as it is right at the bottom end of the exposure scale (not sure of the technical terminology). This is probably why it was my second favourite.

Edit - just noticed a couple of light spots creeping up in the shot as well as the emblem of my jumper. Anyway - might have to fix these at a later point.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Despair Mark II

I like this one too Peter, but I think you made the right choice for Project 52 with the title Despair. I don't think this one represents despair near as well, in fact when I look at this one I feel a bit fearful. Agree just a bit more light on the face, especially the eyes, so I get the feeling that someone is watching in the dark and they can see me but I can't see them

Wendy

Real Name
    Peter

OK, I have to show these ones as well.

I'm not sure what to say about this one. I was photographing my lighting and doing some test shots and this popped out. There are a couple of obvious things wrong about it (including my shoddy healing and treatment of lens flare - lightroom has been playing up tonight and it is getting late), but there is also a symmetry and simplicity about it. It might be something I revisit a bit later in the year.
    Despair Mark II

This one was almost identical to my selected photo but the hands won it for the other shot. It's amazing how subtle changes can make a difference.
    Despair Mark II

Real Name
    Mal

I agree with Wendy that the shot you posted in your Project 52 thread. The shadows on your hands in your Project 52 photo give a better three dimensional effect than the above one I think. They're still great shots none the less.