Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Clouds

Real Name
    Jason

Clouds

Hi again,

I have some time with a internet connection and thought I would take advantage. I am currently in Mildura which is in the western corner of Victoria, enjoying some time with my family and some extremely warm weather, up to a balmy 42 degrees today, that is c not f. I have also had some time to get some photos, this one is of some interesting cloud formations that I played around with using SEP2 again. I am really growing to like this program, I might even try to take some photos in actual black and white. Hope you like.

Cheers

J

Clouds

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Clouds

Very cool cloud formations. Nicely seen.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Wow... Are those what they call "Boob/Mammutus Clouds?"

Real Name
    Bobo

Awesome catch.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by jstp View Post
    ..... up to a balmy 42 degrees today, that is c not f.
    I think that would kill me!

I might even try to take some photos in actual black and white. Hope you like.
    Glad you're enjoying using SEP2. Great tool isn't it?

Not sure what you mean by the above statement. You are shooting in RAW aren't you? If so, then you are capturing all the data, including the colour data, and SEP2 is the tool you are using to process your DNG or TIFF into B & W - yes?

You can set the camera on Mono so that you get a B & W jpeg show up on the back screen. That can be useful if you want to get an idea of how your image is going to look. That is how I've got my camera set up. But you are still capturing all the colour data.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    That is one impressive cloud formation! Great capture!

Real Name
    Jason

Hi,
    Thanks for the comments. Thankyou Donald for the enlightenment, just shows me how much I still need to learn about photography. I assumed that shooting in Mono was shooting in B&W, not as you have explained. I do shoot in RAW. I was thinking it was still something like taking photos in B&W using film but obviously that is so far from that it isn't funny. I need to get some more education I thinks.

Cheers

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Hi,
    Thanks for the comments. Thankyou Donald for the enlightenment, just shows me how much I still need to learn about photography. I assumed that shooting in Mono was shooting in B&W, not as you have explained. I do shoot in RAW. I was thinking it was still something like taking photos in B&W using film but obviously that is so far from that it isn't funny. I need to get some more education I thinks.
    Jason - But that's what so good about a forum like this. It's all about learning and knowing that no-one is going to 'have a go' just because it seems you don't know something that others do. And I'll tell you a secret. About 2 years ago, I was in exactly the same place as you now are so far as knowledge is concerned. I thought exactly the same thing as you did.