Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project 52 by Ryo

Project 52 by Ryo

I begin my quest to take a photo a week for 52 weeks. In my life I have seen many wondrous things. I have always been captivated by pictures. I like Cars, so in the next 52 weeks I will strive for the main goal but also to take Images of automobiles the way the are meant to be taken. It figures that my first picture of the New year would be suit the season. Feed back is always welcome.

Reflections:

Project 52 by Ryo

Calm New Years afternoon,
    23mm
    f5.6
    1/100sec
    ISO 100

Ryo
    Last edited by Ryogenetic; 17th January 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: 52 count down

Real Name
    John

Re: Project 52 by Ryo

Very severe crop, was it your intention to remove the reflected scene?

Real Name
    Wendy

Nice reflection Ryo, but like Shadowman, I'm wondering about the crop. The shoreline doesn't seem to enhance the shot at all. I think I would like to see more of what is being reflected or nothing at all.

Wendy

It is an extreme crop, I was more impressed with a calm pond, and my ability to capture all that I did in the photo. I did chop off the top because of the oblong photo it produced when I was editing. (really long and not so wide...)

Ryo

Real Name
    John

Hi Ryo,
    I like the reflection in the water a lot.
    As you have cropped the trees, I must agree with the others, that the shoreline doesn't add to this composition. Cropping a bit tighter to remove it; I think is the way to go. Great reflection, well done.

Real Name
    Mal

I tend to agree with the others, but if you were to leave the shore line I'd be inclined to make it level.

Great job on getting such a clear reflection.

Project 52 by Ryo

Back yard shot

Ryo
    Last edited by Ryogenetic; 17th January 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: 51 count down

Real Name
    Mal

That one made me laugh. Did you happen to capture one where you were more on the right to make a pseudo mirror image without the mirror?

Real Name
    Wendy

That's cute Ryo. Looks like they just had a spat and are purposely trying to ignore each other.

Wendy

So the wife says " apparently project 52 is go out Saturday, shoot, process and post..." Which is what I have done the last two weekends. (perhaps I need to take the camera to work during the week) So for this weeks submission, I got up very early and braved the cold and Dark, to do some car photos with a friend. In the process I came across this:

Project 52 by Ryo

But had so much fun in Post I cant decide which I like best. Jiro Effect:

Project 52 by Ryo

BW with blue Ice
    Project 52 by Ryo

And all of them combined:
    Project 52 by Ryo

Thanks for looking and the support
    Ryo
    Last edited by Ryogenetic; 17th January 2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: 50 count down

Real Name
    Kerry

What a great find! My preference is the first photo, but they all look great. The only thing I would do is clone out the little twig hanging from the right hand top over the front of the 'thing' (thats my technical term) LOL.

I like #1, wonderful texture in the metal, the overgrown background gives it that desolate feel, the ice makes the shot. I like them all, great find, makes getting up early worthwhile doesn't it

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

I like #1 the best. The only thing I can suggest is cloning out the stick that is in the top in front of the hopper. Great capture.

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Ryo, I'm kind of partial to the B&W with blue ice, but pray tell what is it?

Wendy

Real Name
    Mal

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    Hi Ryo, I'm kind of partial to the B&W with blue ice, but pray tell what is it?

Wendy
    I'm with Wendy. I like the way the ice stands out from the the rest of the image in the B&W.

Thanks for the comments guys. This was the first time I have ventured out early morning to go get some Photos.

Wendy (Scout R) Sam nailed it, It is an old hopper from a grain mill on the New Jersey/Pennsylvania border there are a lot of things their to photograph. I may head up there again and explore a bit more.

Got rid of the stick in #1 it looks a lot better

Thanks
    Ryo

Busy week, I was afraid that I wasn't going to get around to this weeks post. Used my 25mm @ f4, ISO100 when I went for a drive to get this shot:

Project 52 by Ryo

Too much post processing, I need to spend more time setting up the shot!!
    Thanks
    Ryo

Real Name
    Mal

Nice lines and composition overall. Not sure about the lighting though - or the focus. The Beemer doesn't look as sharp as it should be to me.

Real Name
    Wendy

I like this Ryo. I don't know if you meant it this way, but I would not want to walk to that car. Empty parking garages creep me out, there's always someone lurking, Must be too many movies.

Did it just happen to be an empty lot or did you have to do a bit of cloning

Wendy

@Malcolm I should have taken more time to prepare the shot, I have a bad habit of that. It is just OOF and the timing for the light was a little later than I desired.

@Wendy If we are talking movies I would hope its the villains chase car On the weekends I have the whole garage to my self so no need for cloning, for post processing I gave a Gaussian blur via gradient (background), and the side of the car was much brighter and salted from the roads, had to take the exposure and levels down selectively.

Thanks
    Ryo

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast