Thread: Finally...

Real Name
    Chris

Finally...

One year later and finally just ordered a polarized, ND and UV filter and a remote.

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Finally...

You have plenty of fun ahead! The remote you will find extremely handy, just don't leave it laying on the beach when you finish up.

Re: Finally...

Quote Originally Posted by Fit View Post
    One year later and finally just ordered a polarized, ND and UV filter and a remote.
    Chris:

One comment - if the remote is a Canon (I have one), and assuming it is the cord variety, then be very careful with the connection between the cord and the switch. The cord on mine started to pull out, and I was concerned that it would pull apart and be pretty much worthless.

Fortunately I found a solution: I know a glass company quite well; the glaziers (the guys that install windows) use structural grade silicone to seal around the perimeter of windows (commercial applications). I had them put a blob around the joint. Silicone sealant will stick to anything, and structural grade silicone is black and very tough.

It's messy, but by wetting your fingers, you can shape the sealant to a fairly neat profile around the joint. I think it will outlast the remote.

I've never had any trouble with the end that plugs into the camera.

Glenn