Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Natural Bridge

Real Name
    Kerry

Natural Bridge

We took the family out for a nice nature walk at a National Park called Natural Bridge yesterday. Nice warm day, but overcast with a few ominous clouds about. We managed to get a few photos in and then the rain hit, as well as the large thunder claps, not good in the middle of a rain forest, but good fun LOL. My 6yo didnt see the funny side though and became a permanent fixture to my leg on the jog out of the rain forest Anyway these are my first attempts at waterfall shots.
    This is from outside the fall.
    Natural Bridge

This is from inside.
    Natural Bridge

C&C most welcome.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Natural Bridge

Hi Kerry,

The shot from inside looks pretty cool. But the water is completely blown out. I see that there is a wide dynamic range here. May be you could have tried an HDR at this location. I see it as a VERY good location for an outstanding photo. Were you trying to have that milky look with water? I feel even the splashes would look good here. Possible for you to re-shoot this?

Real Name
    Kerry

Hi Sahil, yes will definitely get back there at some stage. It was quite difficult getting photos, there is always crowds of people coming and going in a fairly tight spot, all trying to get their photos It is also pitch black in the cave which made using my Nikon D5100 which I got for Christmas a little harder as I'm not used to the buttons etc as yet, I'm still getting used to it. I was trying my hand at getting the milky look, but for this particular shot I think I need the waterfall more crisp and clear.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    The water doesn't look that deep there, maybe getting in under the rock formation and using a tripod?

Real Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Douglas View Post
    The water doesn't look that deep there, maybe getting in under the rock formation and using a tripod?
    Your forgetting It's in australia. Probably 6 or 7 hungry crocks in there.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Duh =o

Real Name
    Ramachandran

I like the first image more. But I find that green a bit too much vibrant. The colour of the shallow water is very nice.
    Crocks? In there? You have great opportunity to shoot them, take their photos I mean.

Real Name
    Mal

No crocks in there But it's deep and fenced off so you can't go closer. Kids jump from the top of the waterfall into the cavern all the time. I tried to get some of those shots but the rain was distracting me and so I forgot to increase my shutter speed and just ended up with a bunch of blurred shots.

Real Name
    Kerry

As Mal said it is all fenced of so that you cant get in. Next time we go, I'll send Mal in LOL