Real Name
    Josh Jones

Close up of my daughter.

Close up of my daughter.

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Close up of my daughter.

Hi Josh,
    What kind of software do you have/use for processing your photos? For me the original image might be just a little over exposed, which is OK, but the contrast seems too low for my tastes. There are also some stray hairs that distract me. Overall this is a good photo of beautiful girl With some PP tweaks, it could be better. What do you think of this quick edit?

Close up of my daughter.

PS, now that I look at it again, I should have cloned out the rope/cable on the lower right too Maybe crop that out?

Thanks for posting!

Real Name
    Josh Jones

I only have the view NX software that came with it the D7000.. That does look better. Where did you get your software and what is it called. The yellow is an arrow she was shooting her new Bow.

Real Name
    Brian

I currently use the GIMP for stuff like this - it is freeware you can find info about at gimp.org.
    This software does have its limitations, though. Most people use products from Adobe.
    With any software solution you can make your photos better with just a minute or two of time.

Real Name
    John

Hi Josh,
    I like the picture and agree with Brian a few tweaks would just improve it. I have used GIMP myself and it is a good piece of software, but was lucky enough to get Adobe Element 9 as a present from my kids earlier in the year and wouldn't look back now.
    As your daughter was using her new bow, do you have any other pictures you could post which would portray this sporting activity? Like the arrow flying through the air or hitting the target?

Real Name
    Myra

The look of concentration that you've caught makes it a keeper.

Real Name
    Josh Jones

Thank you! Brian I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info.. I informed my wife that it's still going to cost me money!

Real Name
    Terrence

Quote Originally Posted by jjones2327 View Post
    Thank you! Brian I will have to check it out! Thanks for the info.. I informed my wife that it's still going to cost me money!
    Have a look at PhotoScape. It is a free program, uncomplicated and easy to use which I use most of the time. Just Google for it.