Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: For the Builder

For the Builder

Angles, Mitres, Outside and Inside length, Measure Remeasure....

This is for those who have that have built:

For the Builder

For the Builder

The first was compiled by using an auto panorama setting but it sums up how much fun it can be building a Dome. The second photo was using the cameras internal panorama program.

Ryo

Real Name
    Mal

Re: For the Builder

I keep looking at this and wondering what to say because it keeps spinning me out

I prefer the first capture to the second - the blues in that one stand out more and contrast against the yellows. It's a little busy for me so I'm not sure what to look at but I could probably happily keep starting at it as an abstract piece.

There are a couple of elements that are a bit distracting - mainly the shadow areas - one side is dark while the other is light. There are a couple of trees that pop out the background a little but they're neither here nor there for me.

Its really for the builder; any one who has built a fort, a house, or a dome.....For me It is the ultimate in how things are built all the time cutting and more important measuring and remeasuring that these images bring.

Ryo

Real Name
    Paul

I used to do quite a bit of woodworking. The "cells" in a dome like this are usually all the same so it's a relatively easy task to make a jig(s) or fixture(s) to cut the individual pieces to the required lengths and angles. It takes many pieces, of course, and lots of effort to assemble them together in a light but strong structure. A pneumatic nail-gun speeds this process instead of swinging a hammer.

I prefer the second image without all the distortion of the individual members. That's a pretty cool shot.

- Paul -