Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: middle age wedding lady

Real Name
    Bill Yeung

middle age wedding lady

A friend of mine worry about too clear of her face in portrait. you will use a filter for this reason?
    that's why I enjoy so much in shoting my 6 yrs old daughter. You can clear to every eye browse while worry nothing about face, skin condition.

rob marshall

Re: middle age wedding lady

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Yeung View Post
    A friend of mine worry about too clear of her face in portrait. you will use a filter for this reason?
    that's why I enjoy so much in shoting my 6 yrs old daughter. You can clear to every eye browse while worry nothing about face, skin condition.
    Bill

Skin does change as we age. Personally I think older people look more interesting for photography, but I'd have to say (without being sexist) that men tend to look better with lines than women. I'm not sure if that's a 'natural' reaction, or one that is culturally dictated.

Bill, I'd recommend that you shoot it sharp and do the softening in Photoshop. There are good tutorials around on how to accomplish portrait edits. Scott Kelby has some good resources on the subject in some of his books.

Real Name
    Hans

By occasion I have shot weddings of older couples.
    It's very simple, these people are aware of their age. Don't try to let them look to young (not to old also)
    As Rob says shoot as sharp as possible and do some tweaks afterwards.
    Try to avoid hard light, but this is also the case with young couples.

Deep in the heart of Texas and Fort Wayne Indiana
    Real Name
    Kristianna-Marie - I listen to Kris too.....

Hi Bill,
    A quick, simple way to smooth older skin (in ACR or Lightroom at least) is the following:
    Do all your adjustments, and when you're done, use the clarity slider to slightly negative.
    It softens the wrinkles in the face without making skin look like plastic.

Real Name
    Maria

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Yeung View Post
    Is your friend talking about a close up portrait? Could you just shoot from a bit further away, or using a wider lens? I guess a 6 year old will look fantastic however close you get... but if you want older models to repeat it's good to make them feel good: if the camera is capturing a bit more than her face any wrinkles or blemishes will look less prominent, and the focus will be on the clothes, the company, the scenery...also part of the occasion.
    ...Unless you really enjoy doing lots of editing afterwards, of course.

Real Name
    Bill Yeung

yes, thanks for reminding me to keep a better distance while shooting.
    and at the same time figuring out whether Photoshop layer is the ultimate solution.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Peace on earth.

Bill