Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Desolation

Real Name
    Allan Short

Desolation

This is a photo I got in Iceland last May, I have taken some of your thoughts and, I am now removing the coloured border, my name and title of the photo, along the white border, and just presenting the photo. All thoughts and suggestions are welcome and helpfull. I was sitting in the back of a van doing about 90 klicks, saw at last second, and fired off about 4 shots throught the side window as we went bye.
    Desolation
    Last edited by Polar01; 15th December 2011 at 07:50 PM.

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Desolation

There's no link to your picture Allan.

Real Name
    Nigel

I can see it and I like it. Very impressive given the circumstances. Lovely dramatic contrast, good composition and good exposure. I might be tempted to shave a bit off the bottom to get rid of that flat grey patch on the right though.

Real Name
    Chris

I bet you everytime you look at that shot, you wish you would have stopped and taken more care in the exposure and composition...even though as is, it is quite a stunning shot. I've done the same thing and my butt is bruised where my foot connects with it....

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I bet you everytime you look at that shot, you wish you would have stopped and taken more care in the exposure and composition...even though as is, it is quite a stunning shot. I've done the same thing and my butt is bruised where my foot connects with it....
    I think we all do..with every shot don't we Chris?

However as you say it is a stunning shot and now that I can see the link I would have to say that if I had taken that I would be very proud.

Well done Allan and thanks for sharing.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    Great shot. The grey patch in the lower right is slightly distracting but does not kill the image. You might want to crop it up and see for yourself. The composition and contrast are good. I can't believe you got this shot out the side window of a moving van. You should be Dam proud of this shot for that alone.