Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Indian Lake or

Real Name
    Jack R Mann

Indian Lake or

shot with canon 5dmk11 with 24-70 lens at 24mm, f/8 at 1/250 iso 400Indian Lake or
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 14th December 2011 at 11:39 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Indian Lake or

Hi Jack,

It would help us to help you if you said a few words about each image you post; e.g. any shortcomings you're already aware of, why you shot it the way you did, etc.

With this one it is a pleasant enough scene, but in my opinion there's probably bit too much uninteresting foreground and I'd suggest a crop of about 15% off the lower edge, so the line between grass and reeds goes into the corner of the image. It might also stand a counter-clockwise rotation, it doesn't look quite level to me.

There is just a hint of lens/filter vignette in all four corners, so this is 'as shot' I guess, this could/should be corrected or cropped off.

I think there maybe a better shot to be had here by getting lower and shooting from a bit further forward, with the red grasses on left and reeds on right, losing the bare patch on extreme left.

Hope that helps,

Real Name
    Jack R Mann

thanks for the tips i'll work on my comps.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Love the clouds in the picture.

Real Name
    Rob Douglas
    I will second everything Dave stated. I'd like to see a bit more sky and a slightly lower angle with less foreground as well. Where you shooting with any filters? The colors in the sky are rich with good contrast. Have you done any PP to this image or is it an out of camera shot? I'm not sure but I think I've heard somewhere that the sweet spot on that lens is f/11. With the amount of light available you could have been at ISO 200 though 400 is not high at all for the 5D mkII. Also, was this hand held? A tripod might help you get a straighter horizon on landscapes.

Real Name
    Jack R Mann

I used a singray warming circle polarizer, and minor adj in photoshope cs 5 , one of my bad habits in too big of a hurry, so i hand held. i am learning to take more time and think. love the comments thank you.

I'm not sure about cropping to something like 2 x 1 ratio or removing a corresponding amount from the left side and retaining the original ratio. I think both would work well.