Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lioness'

Real Name
    Clive

Lioness'

In the Moremi Game Reserve, Botswana, an early morning start, after a few hours driving around we found four lionesses that during the night had killed a Zebra. By the time we arrived they had had their fill and were lying in the shade sleeping off their meal. Due to the thick bush and tree cover we only had a good sighting of this one lioness. She was totally relaxed with us and offered some great viewing. PP, crop and WB adjustment. ISO64, 1/200 f4.0
    Lioness'

Having heard that lions had killed a buffalo along the banks of the Chobe River in Northern Botswana; it was decided to take a small motor boat complete with guide and go look for it. We eventually found the place and could just see the carcass on top of the riverbank but no lions. As we edged closer this lioness suddenly appeared and gave us the most life-threatening stare. It is the only time that I have felt “on the menu” - not that I have a lot of meat on me; probably have more practical use as a toothpick but I was wearing shoes so she would have at the least had something to chew on. Her tail gave a few flicks (not a good sign) and as the guide suggested we get out of her space I hastily took this picture as we reversed. Once we had backed off she again lay down behind the carcass occasionally looking up to see where we were. PP, crop and WB adjustment. ISO125, 1/1000 f4.5
    Lioness'

C&C most welcome.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Lioness'

Great shots, Clive! Not the expressions you would get to see in a Zoo!

Real Name
    Clive

Re: Lioness'

Thanks Frank.
    Agreed in general zoo animals have lost that hungry "do you want a piece of me" look.