Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Frankly speaking....

Real Name
    Jeannie

Frankly speaking....

I find the risque photos very offending. At least make another forum category for risque photos for those who like this sort of thing. Now I am hesitant to view anyone's photos after what I have seen tonight.

Real Name
    Troy

Re: Frankly speaking....

I just clicked through every single link from "Latest Threads" and found one, namely And On To Something Completely Different For Me.... There are no others.
    Last edited by pwnage101; 12th December 2011 at 07:29 AM.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by rosapearl View Post
    I find the risque photos very offending. At least make another forum category for risque photos for those who like this sort of thing. Now I am hesitant to view anyone's photos after what I have seen tonight.
    Jeannie

Something risqué hints at sex or sexual content. Risqué material isn't in your face or extreme — it's just a little naughty. For example, the shots I posted last night are risqué, but don't involve anything living screwing around in the kitchen Was it mine that offended?

The thread listed above by Troy is more risqué as it features a lady in underwear. Was it that one that offended?

perhaps it was Colin's shot https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/fo...hread14958.htm

I'm trying to help you out here.

You start a thread expressing your objection, yet you fail to mention what, exactly it is that offends. Why not just report it to a Mod. I'm afraid I can't see the purpose of just expressing offence but being so vague. You have us all wondering now what it is that offends you.

Real Name
    John T

...dunno, that Approaching Grizzly Bear appears to have a great deal of risk in it...

Frankly speaking....

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    ...dunno, that Approaching Grizzly Bear appears to have a great deal of risk in it...

Frankly speaking....
    Yes indeed. And he has a particular glint in his eyes that makes me worried...

Real Name
    Philip

It seems strange to me that anything posted on CiC could be strong enough to cause offence. In my experience, the images are posted with the honorable intention of aiming to achieve (for most of us) the impossible - photographic and artistic excellence; the words are posted with politeness, consideration, and sometimes good humour, their intention being to enhance ideas, thoughts, knowledge and skills, and sometimes to make us laugh.

Regarding the Grizzly - Please bear with me while I explain that this bear image serves to bear out my opinion that I can’t bear the posting of any bear that shows the bear-faced intention to bear down on the photographer, and therefore for me anything bear on this forum is simply unbearable.

Peace, goodwill and happiness to you all.

Philip

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    It seems strange to me that anything posted on CiC could be strong enough to cause offence.
    It has happened in the past, but very, very rarely.

I suppose the problem is that anything is capable of causing offence. For example this image caused me considerable offence, and a lot of people would agree with me, but I can't get it banned http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...m_2080654b.jpg

As a society we set ourselves general toleration limits, but it's a pretty subjective thing to do. And even then, we tend to set those limits and enshrine them in law to protect individuals and avoid social unrest, rather than to just avoid causing individual offence, which can be very subjective.

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Jeannie: I know which photos you refer to, (and I think the boys do to) but perhaps for your own sake it would be best to take it up privately with the moderators and let them decide. I don't think anyone has crossed the line, but I do know what you mean, and if you find certain types of shots offensive, it's easy enough to quickly move on.

If I had the skills I'd visit my local fire department and see if any of the boys would like to sit for some poses, but that's just my way of dealing with STUFF.

I really don't want to get into arguments as to what is art and what is exploitative or any of that other crap. It's really up to the site operators where they want to draw the line. For my part if I don't like something I just move on.

Take care
    Wendy

Real Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by MrB View Post
    It seems strange to me that anything posted on CiC could be strong enough to cause offence. In my experience, the images are posted with the honorable intention of aiming to achieve (for most of us) the impossible - photographic and artistic excellence; the words are posted with politeness, consideration, and sometimes good humour, their intention being to enhance ideas, thoughts, knowledge and skills, and sometimes to make us laugh.
    Well said. If some of these photos are considered to be 'out of taste', then I would be worried about posting more of mine for critique.

Real Name
    Richard

Jeannie,

I am sorry that you were offended by anything posted on CiC. I don't see anything wrong with your stating that you were offended. However your posting was somewhat vague and I really don't know which image or images you are referring to and I have reviewed recent CiC posts.

Perhaps, if you are a bit more specific, we all might learn which images might be offensive to members. I have removed an image of a parade which was politically offensive to some folks and due to learning that the image was offensive I will certainly be more cognizent of what might offend people.

Real Name
    Wendy

Ok boys, take a look at "Angel in a Bottle" and "Fallen Angel" I think these might be the shots that Jeannie refers too. I could be wrong, and I hope Jeannie comes back to clear things up. But take a look - Right or wrong, I can see where some might find these offensive.

Wendy

Real Name
    Jeannie

Okay, here I am. It was the Angel In a Bottle and then Something Completely Different for Me. Fallen Angel is provocative, but at least she was fully dressed.

I know there is an aspect to photography that I don't care for and I avoid it like the plague. Some call it art and so be it. I chose CIC above all other photo forums because of the lack of what I call risque photos. I could come here and learn and ask questions without the worry of being exposed to such photos. I was shocked when I saw these photos on CIC. I know I stand in the minority, but if the photos cannot be categorized then I bid you all adieu.

All of you have so much talent and I have enjoyed reading and learning from your comments.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these, Jeannie. I'll have a look around to see if any images aren't suitable for a general audience. In the future, it would make it a lot easier for the moderators if you just clicked on the "report post" icon whenever you see a post that you feel contains an image which is inappropriate for a general audience (this icon appears in the bottom left of each post and has an exclamation mark inside a triangle). I'm going to close this thread for now though since the main points all appear to have been made. Jeannie: please send me (or another moderator) links to whichever posts motivated this thread. Without these we can only guess.