Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Tree and the Moon

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Juan Mountains, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Susan Humphrey

    The Tree and the Moon

    I took this about a year ago. It was taken in the early morning in Escalante Canyon in western Colorado. Let me know you C&C's.


    The Tree and the Moon
    Last edited by HLAZYJ; 11th December 2011 at 08:48 PM.

  2. #2
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Sorry, don't know if it's just me but there is no picture posted.

  3. #3
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Welcome to CiC!

    Having problems posting? It is a bit tricky here for most folks the first time they try (me included!). Take a look at this link: HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Juan Mountains, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Susan Humphrey

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Welcome to CiC!

    Having problems posting? It is a bit tricky here for most folks the first time they try (me included!). Take a look at this link: HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?
    Thanks for the help, I missed the copy/paste part.

  5. #5
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,215
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Hi HLazyJ

    I like this image, I think the muted colour tones give it a slightly eerie look. And it's well focussed and sharpened.

    Just out of interest, I saved the image to my hard drive and experimented with a colour burn layer. Funnily though, when I view the saved image in Windows Picture Viewer or Photoshop, the colours are quite different to how they appear on this web site - they have a brighter and warmer appearance. I wonder how they look on your original file ?

    The only other comment I have is that the moon is not really big enough to have much impact on the shot - but you can't do much about that can you

    Cheers Dave

  6. #6
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Hi HLazyJ
    Welcome to CiC.
    I Like your picture, well done.

    Just for a bit of fun and no other reason, hope you don't mind.
    The Tree and the Moon

  7. #7
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    LOL! Not the right phase of the moon to match the shadows on the ground but a nice moon none the less!

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Juan Mountains, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Susan Humphrey

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at this several times and on my other computer the color is quite a bit different. I have had some trouble with the monitor on my laptop, the color when I upload a picture is always different that it looks like here. Could that be the problem. I agree that the moon is insignificant, I was just searching for a name. LOL!

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Juan Mountains, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Susan Humphrey

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    LOL! Not the right phase of the moon to match the shadows on the ground but a nice moon none the less!
    Now that a MOON! Wow!

  10. #10
    dje's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    4,215
    Real Name
    Dave Ellis

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Quote Originally Posted by HLAZYJ View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked at this several times and on my other computer the color is quite a bit different. I have had some trouble with the monitor on my laptop, the color when I upload a picture is always different that it looks like here. Could that be the problem. I agree that the moon is insignificant, I was just searching for a name. LOL!
    I guess you'll always get variations in colour between different displays etc and I suppose it depends on the nature of the image also. Anyway, it looks nice !

    Cheers Dave

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Juan Mountains, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Susan Humphrey

    Re: The Tree and the Moon

    Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    I guess you'll always get variations in colour between different displays etc and I suppose it depends on the nature of the image also. Anyway, it looks nice !

    Cheers Dave
    Thanks Dave, I enjoyed your comments.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •