Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Girls

Real Name
    Terry

The Girls

If there is one thing I have learned about being a grandfather, it is that you can't do for one without doing for everyone!

And that is how it should be.

These are my Girls. They are Pierson's big sisters. They are Night and Day.

And they are the Love of my Life.

These are Dad's (not necessarily Papa's) Faves!

Miss Kenz

The Girls

Miss Jackie

The Girls

Real Name
    Mal

Re: The Girls

They look pretty good to my inexperienced eye. My only comment is that I'm not sure if the subject in the second photo is a little bit tense in front of the camera or whether that's a true indication of her personality though.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Terry,

Not bad at all, perhaps just a little more (reflected) fill on Miss Kenz?

Cheers,
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 12th December 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Real Name
    Audrey Olsen

I love the composition
    of the 1st photograph. Great pics. Beautiful girls!!!!

Real Name
    Jeannie

Beautiful granddaughters....you must be a proud grandpa.

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Goldcoastgolfer View Post
    They look pretty good to my inexperienced eye. My only comment is that I'm not sure if the subject in the second photo is a little bit tense in front of the camera or whether that's a true indication of her personality though.
    Thank you, Malcom. Miss Jackie is at this point unsure whether to try to be serious, or just bust out giggling! She ended up directing the whole shoot including telling me when to release the shutter!

Hi Malcom,

Not bad at all, perhaps just a little more (reflected) fill on Miss Kenz?
    Hi Dave!

If Malcom doesn't mind, I'll just say on his behalf thank you for commenting! I don't know about Malcom (he's got this whole thing down pat!), but I'm trying to find what shadow and of what kind I am going to produce, like or find acceptable. But I see what you mean and I could maybe lift the shadows a bit in post rather than a reshoot. I'll give it a try. I'm trying to watch my shadows carefully on a shoot, but it gets pretty fast-paced sometimes!

I love the composition of the 1st photograph. Great pics. Beautiful girls!!!!
    Thank you, Audrey.

Beautiful granddaughters....you must be a proud grandpa.
    Thank you so much, Jeannie. I certainly am!

Real Name
    Brian

Hi Terry.
    Glad to see you are getting some use out of the new studio - that is you with the new studio right?? lol
    I have some comments, though they are mostly a matter of taste, technically the photos are fairly good, and I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway!
    Kenz - I love the expression and the tight cropping of the face. The shadows are a bit harsh for my taste - her right eye and her chin appear to disappear into them.
    Jackie - This photo seems slightly underexposed to me? Other than that I like the processing of the image.
    Both photos might benefit from some lighting to define the edges of their faces/hair, but again, this is a matter of taste only.

I just read the thread again - what do you think of the photos? How about the girls?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    Hi Dave!

If Malcom doesn't mind, I'll just say on his behalf thank you for commenting!
    Oooops, and I can't even spell Malcolm correctly

Real Name
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by speedneeder View Post
    Hi Terry.
    Glad to see you are getting some use out of the new studio - that is you with the new studio right?? lol
    I have some comments, though they are mostly a matter of taste, technically the photos are fairly good, and I don't really know what I'm talking about anyway!
    Kenz - I love the expression and the tight cropping of the face. The shadows are a bit harsh for my taste - her right eye and her chin appear to disappear into them.
    Jackie - This photo seems slightly underexposed to me? Other than that I like the processing of the image.
    Both photos might benefit from some lighting to define the edges of their faces/hair, but again, this is a matter of taste only.

I just read the thread again - what do you think of the photos? How about the girls?
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for coming in on this one and helping me out. I need all I can get! I tend to agree with you. I'm not so sure I dislike the shadows as much as I think you are right and I should have used a kicker. As I look at these I'm thinking another light behind and to camera left of them would do the trick? Maybe between what you and Dave have told me will help me make a better decision next time around. Not a problem if I have underexposed Jackie to correct I guess, but I also agree I could (should) have arranged a bit different lighting set.

The Girls love them, and they are teen girls and hate everything about themselves! I took a lot of time with them explaining why their photos are awesome, and what makes them each a Beauty. Its hard to overcome the bombarding they get from the commercial media and what they are being fed as a mislead version of "beauty". I hope to God my Grandkids grow out of that, and I can only believe they will.

But what is more important for now is that Mom and Dad love them! But its always a work in progress (hopefully)!

Oooops, and I can't even spell Malcolm correctly.
    Apparently, neither can I, Dave!

1001 apologies, Malcolm!

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Canon View Post
    The Girls love them...
    Awesome!